Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice that Iridium were able to give SpaceX a financial leg up. When the network first launched, people were predicting all sorts of innovative commercial launch providers and even things like converted fighter planes to allow repair missions. All of those projects fell by the wayside before SpaceX emerged though.

Funny that they talk about bringing things into the 21st century - those original satellites are some of the most advanced ever flown...

Just ordered this shirt from the SpaceX store:

web0958_1024x1024.jpg

Occupy Mars T-Shirt (Black, Mars, SpaceX, T-Shirt) Shop SpaceX

I'm excited for the launch tomorrow!

I'm watching this beautiful engine explosion!

And really impressed by robustness of Falcon 9 design. Engine out capability was tested in real life:biggrin: And launch mission was a total success!
SpaceX will insource turbo pump design and production in next version of their engine, Merline 1D. And probably have learned a lot from forty four Merlin 1C flown to this date.

In slow motion:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm watching this beautiful engine explosion!

And really impressed by robustness of Falcon 9 design. Engine out capability was tested in real life:biggrin: And launch mission was a total success!
SpaceX will insource turbo pump design and production in next version of their engine, Merline 1D. And probably have learned a lot from forty four Merlin 1C flown to this date.

In slow motion:

Yes, we were all going gaga over it at Nasaspaceflight.com :)

Best quote of the night "Some people like rocketry because of the big explosions, some because they like to see stuff launched into space. SpaceX, in their quest for efficiency, does both at once" :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.