Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spare wall connector?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

I just got my Model 3 today!! And I learned about this awesome forum. I am excited to be part of the community. I was wondering if anyone has a spare wall connector that they have laying around? I can return you a new one once I get one from the referrals.

Thank you in advance!

Happy Holidays and happy new years (in advance =))

I did not know that! My commute is about 30 miles in NYC traffic. I am only home for 4-5 hrs a day for the next couple of years (Medical resident - Model 3 was my splurge buy). My initial plan was to try to get by 120V charging and occasional supercharging once a week. I got a red LR AWD. I can't really charge at work - not really feasible in NYC. So, was hoping to add a wall connector at home to save me the trips to supercharger if someone has a spare connector at home.

Thanks again.

Heh, I doubt anyone just has a wall connector laying around not wired up in their own house. Do what @COrocket suggests and just get a 14-50 outlet installed for now. Should be able to add 30 miles to the battery every hour it’s plugged in with that.

If you are trying to charge on a budget I’d skip the wall connector and just get an electrician to install a 14-50 outlet. Keep the cord that came with the car plugged in at home full time. It should recharge the car 120-150 miles in the 4-5 hours you are home every day. The wall connector is only beneficial if you need to charge faster than that.

Thank you so much! I had a chance to read more into the different chargers (sorry, I got most of my info from the sales person in store). He convinced me I needed to get a wall connector. I think 14-50 plug is my best option. Thanks again for everyones help!

Although I have installed a NEAMA connector in my garage and I'm happy with it- I'd like to put a nice cover on it, "to keep appearance". Do any of you know where can I get just the cover of Tesla Wall Connector look-alike (to cover the plain-looking NEAMA) on the cheap?

upload_2019-1-6_9-40-26.png