Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Special plate just for cybertrac

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like this statement of theirs. So the company would represent me in Court if there was an issue?
  • There is no such law that determines that non-standard vinyl license plate replica are illegal. Therefore, you should not be in any legal trouble for using a non-standard vinyl license plate replica.

I like this statement of theirs. So the company would represent me in Court if there was an issue?
  • There is no such law that determines that non-standard vinyl license plate replica are illegal. Therefore, you should not be in any legal trouble for using a non-standard vinyl license plate replica.

Guess they missed CVC5200.

5200.​

(a) When two license plates are issued by the department for use upon a vehicle, they shall be attached to the vehicle for which they were issued, one in the front and the other in the rear.

Really?
Please point in your quote where it says license plates must be metal, not vinyl
Yes, really. Show me where it is OK to use a 3rd party vinyl/metal/plastic/platinum/unobtanium plate not issued by the DMV. Guess what, you can't. And before you go into the tangent 'oh, but there is a 3rd party company that does sell vinyl plates that are legal...blah blah blah.' Yes, those are issued to you; that company had been approved and works with the DMV. So no, you can't use any 3rd party vinyl, or any other material, plate that is not issued by the DMV. Guess all that went over your head.

Have a cookie and relax. 🍪

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: fholbert and ABC2D
Yes, really. Show me where it is OK to use a 3rd party vinyl/metal/plastic/platinum/unobtanium plate not issued by the DMV. Guess what, you can't. And before you go into the tangent 'oh, but there is a 3rd party company that does sell vinyl plates that are legal...blah blah blah.' Yes, those are issued to you; that company had been approved and works with the DMV. So no, you can't use any 3rd party vinyl, or any other material, plate that is not issued by the DMV. Guess all that went over your head.

Have a cookie and relax. 🍪
Well, that's certainly certifiably convincing :)

So if someone put their license number on a piece of cardboard and affixed it to the car it would be legal?
1703101841889.png

On my M3P - 175K - Licence Plate Standart size 12x6' - travel from ON - NY -NJ .->. Florida and back twice, My MYP, 67K Licence plate RESIZED to 11x5.5' - travel to Florida (Ontario, Michigan, Filadelfia, NC, SC, GE, FL, and Back, and again, and again, NEVER HAVE ANY QUESTIONS. Those plates are very hard to recognize replica plates, for some states, look better than the original.

Attachments

• IMG_5502.jpg
    IMG_5502.jpg
    711 KB · Views: 18
  • 12x6and11x55.png
    12x6and11x55.png
    208.7 KB · Views: 17
  • KeyCardandGarageDoor.png
    KeyCardandGarageDoor.png
    339.4 KB · Views: 15