Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speed bump detection (2018 model x)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2018 Model X, with the FSD upgrade. I've had FSD beta for the last 3-4 weeks.

My main complaint is that it never detects or reacts to speed bumps - even those that are really well marked.

I understood from searching past posts and articles that FSD was in fact supposed to detect, visualize, and react to speed bumps.

Is there anything I'm missing? Is there a special setting or circumstance for it to work?

My 2022 Model Y LR here in Albuquerque seems only to detect speed humps that have a specific, rather common here, wide white diagonal stripe marking. The ones simply painted white overall are not reacted to, nor the unpainted ones. The only reaction I detect is slowing, usually to 17 mph regardless of the actual profile up the hump. I've never seen on-screen visualization of speed hump detection, and I've looked for it.

I've not knowingly adjusted any menu items which relate to this.

I've been on FSDb since mid-June, 2022, and not noticed any change in speed hump behavior in the few versions since then.

Speed bumps shouldn't be an issue if you are going the speed limit,

Lots of people go way too slow over speed bumps. The suspension should be able to absorb most of the differential.
You are kidding right? Where you live do you not have speed bumps where the speed limit approaches 30-35mph?
There are many speed bumps where I live that going 15mph over them is jarring. I've watched many FSD videos where the drivers commented the speed FSD took over the speed bump was still too fast and that was about 17-18mph.