Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speed limit information of joining roads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today I noticed that the map provides speed limit information of the road you are about to join as a sign post (which is a rendered image as there is no real speed sign there) 100 yards before joining the road. Nice touch if you are in a new place especially Europe. I’ve not noticed this before - is this a new feature? or was it there before?

IMG_2862.jpeg

Is that not just incorrectly picking up speed signs of side streets (as is very common) and in that case just happens to be relevant to the road you are about to turn into?
No I checked on another instance where moving from 30 to 20 and there was no speed sign on the side streets. It is definitely visually creating the speed signs of the road you are about to join.

that is all nice, but I wonder when tesla will fix the speed limit issues with joining/splitting motorways.

each and every junction where 2 motorways merge or split, speed limit drops to 60 mph or so.

I.E. M42/A42 merge with M1 (towards Nottingham or towards Birmingham), or M1 split to M42 (towards Notts/B-ham) is always becomes 60 mph out of nowhere... car just brakes...

utterly annoyng

Reactions: M1tch
That junction is properly mapped in OpenStreetMap, but not TomTom and their Reporter tool is useless to get anything fixed relating to speeds as they only use their iQ analytics to set them to what other confused drivers do.

However, it may simply be that the ridiculously outdated UN map of expressway road network (circa 2008) used by EAP classifies those links incorrectly.

Last edited: