TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Spoiler brake light only works sometimes

Discussion in 'Model X' started by tizio, Apr 25, 2017.

1. tizio

tizio Member

I don't understand when the 3rd brake light in the spoiler is supposed to come on. I have an AP2 75D and I've seen the spoiler light up when pressing the brakes a few times. I've also confirmed that the X avatar in the dashboard display mirrors the times when the light is on, so it definitely knows the light isn't coming on. I've tried to get it lit with headlights in Off, On, and Auto and with every combination of the front/rear fog lights.

What is your experience with the spoiler brake light?

2. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

It's a normal legal 3rd high brake light, as in any other car made in the last what, 20 years? ;) It should come on anytime you step on the brake or heavy regen. If not, definitely time to have it checked out.

• Like x 1
  3. tizio

tizio Member

Thanks for the confirmation. TSC appointment is scheduled for Friday.

4. tizio

tizio Member

Turns out the problem requires a bit more attention. They have to hold it until Monday now. Gotta say, I sure do miss it compared to the older S 85 they lent me. It's true that the X seats are nicer and any Tesla without all the tech just isn't very appealing to me.

5. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Some 'dealers' the loaners get you to upgrade.... with Tesla, sometimes it just gets you missing what you have. ;)

• Like x 1
  6. tizio

tizio Member

Took a couple weeks, but they fixed it. They had to manufacture, paint, and install a new spoiler assembly. However, they offered top-notch customer service and made quite sure I was happy with the results.

.·:*¨¨*:·.Great seller .·:*¨¨*:·. A+++ .·:*¨¨*:·. would buy again .·:*¨¨*:·.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Funny x 1