Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify stutters frequently since 18.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've experienced several issues with Spotify over the last year; mostly an inability to login (paid family Spotify account, separate login for the vehicle) or play. I would have to reset often. Since 2019.8.4 and now 2019.8.5 updates Spotify has begun to stutter frequently. Have reset, powered down ... still stutters. My vehicle is a late 2017 Model X with 3G hardware only. I wonder if other owners are experiencing the same?

Discussion on this in the 2019.8.x thread in Model
S: try covering up part of the map display to reduce CPU load. I have the rear camera up all the time and never have the problem. Others have the music screen partway up, shrinking the map, doing the same.

Rain sensing for the automatic wipers is better on the newer firmware. Now we know where the extra CPU is being used!!
If that is it, def worth it. As I said I have the camera up all the time so didn’t notice a change. Maybe next time I’m in the rain, I’ll uncover the map and see how the music does.

Now, Elon, where’s that MCU upgrade again?

I've experienced several issues with Spotify over the last year; mostly an inability to login (paid family Spotify account, separate login for the vehicle) or play. I would have to reset often. Since 2019.8.4 and now 2019.8.5 updates Spotify has begun to stutter frequently. Have reset, powered down ... still stutters. My vehicle is a late 2017 Model X with 3G hardware only. I wonder if other owners are experiencing the same?

I rather suspect this is caused by some sort of packet loss bug (networking issues), given that voice control is also massively broken in 2019.8.x, working maybe one out of every three attempts, and otherwise acting like it does when it can't reach the servers. But I could be wrong. They could be entirely independent bugs.

I am definitely interested in this too. At the very least, to get upgraded to LTE. Of course, I'd welcome a beefed up MCU. It's 2019!

Assuming it's all caused by a single networking bug, then I'm seeing it on LTE on MCU1, too, so I doubt updating to LTE will help you. That said, in a couple of years, you may have to upgrade to LTE anyway, as the carriers are likely to start phasing out 3G support pretty soon, if they haven't already.