Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify "Unable to Log In. Please Try Again Later.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I picked up my Model 3 a few weeks ago and logged into Spotify on the car and it worked as expected. Yesterday I noticed I was logged out and tried to log back in, but I just keep getting an error message saying "Unable to log in. Please try again later." When I click on the "Sign In" button again, it gives me this error message immediately - it does not even attempt to validate my credentials, i.e. it does not even try to log me in. I am sure my log in credentials work and our Model Y (sitting next to the 3 in the garage) works perfectly. We have a Spotify Family Plan and I used a separate email address and log in for each car. Even when I attempt to use the credentials for the Y in the 3 it does not work. Any ideas? Thanks.

Well I guess I can close this out. Not sure if this info will help anyone else, but I was able to log in with another ID and password. We have a Spotify family plan, so I have six separate log in IDs. Two of them worked in the Tesla and four did not. All the IDs work on other devices, so this makes no sense, but at least I got it to work.

Reactions: Tadara
Having the same issue but none of the solutions seem to work. I tried resetting my password to something without any numbers or symbols in it. Didn't work. Tried using my wife's account (which had a simpler password). Didn't work. Created a new account with a very simple password, and still unable to log in. I've tried logging in using the Username in the Spotify account (the one that is a bunch of numbers or in the case of the new account I created, looks like a long string of hex). That didn't work either. Tried multiple reboots as well. It's not a connection issue because I can log in on the Spotify support page in the browser just fine.

Getting kind of frustrated because audio integration in the Tesla kind of sucks anyway if you're using anything other than Spotify, Tidal, or listening to the radio, and then a simple thing like not being able to log in makes it even more infuriating.

I just bought a Model X, but I can confirm. I can log in just fine with my premium account but my wife's free account fails to log in even though i can log in with that account on other devices. I believe I've read in the past that a premium Spotify account is required for mobile devices, so i guess the car counts.

Edit: I signed up for Spotify Duo for her account and now it can log in.

Last edited:
This would make sense for me. Can anyone else confirm this?

Yes, actually tesla confirms this itself (bottom bullet... "a paid subscription to streaming services is required to access music and media streaming")

=============================

Connectivity Packages​

Connectivity PackagesStandardPremium
Navigation
Live Traffic Visualization-
Sentry Mode - View Live Camera-
Satellite-View Maps-
Video Streaming*⁺-
Caraoke*-
Music Streaming*⁺-
Internet Browser*-
Features subject to change and may vary based on hardware configuration
* Currently available over Wi-Fi for Standard Connectivity
*⁺ A paid subscription to streaming services is required to access music and media streaming

You need to have a paid Spotify account to log in from your car. I had the same issue, my free Spotify account wouldn’t log in. As soon as I upgraded to a paid Spotify account it logged right in and has been working great.

From the Tesla connectivity document… ”*⁺ A paid subscription to streaming services is required to access music and media streaming”. They are talking about a paid subscription to Spotify, not a subscription to premium connectivity.

Reactions: DocHolliday
I also have this problem. I have the Tesla Premium Connectivity plan, but not Spotify premium, and I cannot log into Spotify with my free spotify account - it just keeps saying "Cannot log in at this time - try again later".
Occasionally it happened to me as well, the car was keep on asking for log in Spotify (I use default Tesla car account) with Premium connectivity. I did few restarts of the car and that did not fix the problem on the spot however, after parking (and car goes to sleep) all got fixed by itself…