Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Squeaking Sound Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model X 2020 with 34000 miles start giving noises.Got appointment and checked out.Was told Rt and Lt upper front control arm need to be changed.Tech told me that Model X is very heavy car due to battery weight and this noise not uncommon after a while.I have read others have same problems but 34000 and only 2 years is early.Tesla need to do something.Lighter batteries and better mechanics.Looks every couple of years one has to spend $1500-2000 to get them fixed.Mine is under warranty so no money paid.

OK, service center replaced the upper control arms and the squeak went away.

I had put down 2 issues originally, one of which was the repair of the UCA. I'm trying to get the bottom of another noise -- around 20-30mph, I hear a shuddering sound from the front driver side while accelerating. At first I thought it was UCA, but I'm still getting the noise after replacement. It's hard to replicate when I have my phone recording, but sometimes I feel like after a turn and I accelerate between 20-35mph, I'll hear this shudder. Anyone familiar? It's very faint, so I'm not sure if its considered the dreaded and infamous shudder the X's face.

It sounds like the beginning of the shudder (front half shafts). I have a Mx2020 Raven and at 29k miles, already had two half shaft replacements. It gets progressively worse :/ and will likely be worse on. higher suspension setting.

My UCA just went too which is why I was lurking on this thread :(

Question: how long did it take for them to replace the UCAs? Did it require ordering in parts or did the SC have them in stock?

Question: how long did it take for them to replace the UCAs? Did it require ordering in parts or did the SC have them in stock?

1 day to diagnose and 1 day to repair so they must have had the parts in stock.

However, even after the upper control arms were replaced, I noticed a mysterious sound. Sharing the video below. Is this related to the dreaded shudder? Starts at 25-45mph.

We don't accelerate the car hard at all and the sound comes and goes. We won't hear it for weeks at a time, and then it will come back. Of course when we brought it in for Service last week they couldn't replicate it. They said they even visually inspected the drivetrain components.

Also more pronounced when turning onto an onramp or going uphill.

One other thing, we thought the noise initially came from the front of the car. But over the last few weeks my wife and I think it's now coming from the rear. Strange.

Thanks in advance. Any help is appreciated.