Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Squeaky Door Handle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The front passenger side door handle occasionally squeaks upon opening on my new Model 3. When I brought it up at the Tesla Service Center, the advisor said they can't address it since it wasn't making the noise at that time and told me he wasn't sure what they could do anyways. My appointment had to be rescheduled for next week due to them not having a part. Has anyone else dealt with this, and what was done to fix it? Just wondering what I can have them try if it doesn't make the noise next week when I drop it off.

Funny enough, mine just started doing this today also, but my driver's door handle (which is probably the same as your passenger door handle, as my car is RHD).

I'm just going to hit it with some teflon spray tonight. Ought to do it.

Thanks. I'll give this a try.
Did any of the suggestions work? My door handle recently started squeaking too and wanted to try something that has been reported as working. Otherwise I can also use the WD-40 right into the pin in the Tesla DIY section. that DIY was a fix for freezing or sticking door handles in the cold, but maybe will work for squeaking too.