Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Squeaky window

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My tesla model 3 has been squeaking for almost a year and I’ve tried to treat the rubber on the window side. But it haven’t worked. Have a listen in the link to my video.
Do anyone have a solution? Would it require to fix the window motor or treat it with some kind of lubricant?
window.MOV

I got my car in Feb 2023, it had squeak at pick up in front driver and rear passenger (2 windows). They said i can schedule a tech to come fix it, first one just came and verified my report and did nothing. 2nd appointment came, he got rid of one squeak by spraying it and cleaning it, the other door he took apart the the door panel and added some kind of felt pad to reduce rubbing (he said the door panel is a easy removal). Mine was covered under warranty, tech stated this is common as car ages but I was covered under warranty, he recommended to use some carnauba wax on the windows regularly to help lubricate it. I haven't done any of that that but its now 7 months and we have heavy rain, i think its washed everything off, I have 3 of 4 windows squeaking when moving down. There is a visible line on the left side of one of my windows (likely causing the noise)

2023 SR M3, 4500miles

Hi Hungrywonton.
Thanks for sharing the story about your rather new M3. My car is quite old compared to yours. I've got the lines from the spray as well but a quick cleaning helps.

I've tried to lubricate the seals at the bottom of the windowglass but it hasn't helped. Maybe I need to open up the side of the door and lubricate the motor or something like that.