Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR charging kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just ordered a Blue SR this morning, rep converted from SR+ to SR within an hour, and 6 hours later I have a match and a delivery appointment of next Tuesday.... fast, actually too fast. Transferring of funds from online accounts to regular bank probably will take til tues/wed at least, so will have to reschedule that.

My question is I saw 1 video saying the SR charging kits were not going to include the NEMA 14-50 adapter plug anymore? My rep was kind of vague on this question.

Has anyone taken delivery of an SR in the last week or so and confirm if it has it or not?

Thanks!

Yes that is what I am going to use, will install the outlet this weekend.

I am just wondering if anyone can confirm if I do need to order it or not (hoping it still coming in the kit standard). If so I will order it now to get faster.
Understood and annoying that you have uncertainty. Depending how far you commute you may be Ok with the 120 outlet that comes with the car and gets 5mph of range and the j1772 for public chargers and superchargers

So I just ordered a Blue SR this morning, rep converted from SR+ to SR within an hour, and 6 hours later I have a match and a delivery appointment of next Tuesday.... fast, actually too fast. Transferring of funds from online accounts to regular bank probably will take til tues/wed at least, so will have to reschedule that.

My question is I saw 1 video saying the SR charging kits were not going to include the NEMA 14-50 adapter plug anymore? My rep was kind of vague on this question.

Has anyone taken delivery of an SR in the last week or so and confirm if it has it or not?

Thanks!

That's like 4 days.
For us, get call at Friday noon, car is available for pickup Saturday afternoon of Memorial Day weekend (yes, it's just about a year old!)
I'm sorry, we can actually schedule a pickup tomorrow at noon! Appointment scheduled.
What about payment and stuff? Portal should be opened in an hour or so to pay.
Had to get money from savings to checking
Had to do EFT to transfer about $10k (remainder was financed), but decided could do it directly from savings!
Had to get insurance rider.
Picked car up in slight over 24 hours on Memorial Day Weekend

What a hell of a weekend!!!!!

Yes, once the portal has been opened, no need to transfer to normal bank account, just transfer direct to Tesla.

That's like 4 days.
For us, get call at Friday noon, car is available for pickup Saturday afternoon of Memorial Day weekend (yes, it's just about a year old!)
I'm sorry, we can actually schedule a pickup tomorrow at noon! Appointment scheduled.
What about payment and stuff? Portal should be opened in an hour or so to pay.
Had to get money from savings to checking
Had to do EFT to transfer about $10k (remainder was financed), but decided could do it directly from savings!
Had to get insurance rider.
Picked car up in slight over 24 hours on Memorial Day Weekend

What a hell of a weekend!!!!!

Yes, once the portal has been opened, no need to transfer to normal bank account, just transfer direct to Tesla.

In my case the funds are in online savings accounts. Discover/capital one. They don't let you transfer directly so have to send to normal account first :(
They just rescheduled me for Saturday the 4th pick up though so all set.

unless you're abs tight on budget, you will regret not getting the SR+.
Hmm not sure on that. I was originally going with SR+ but after carefully looking at the differences I decided the autopilot wasn't worth the 4500.00 difference.
Other than that it is basically the same car now, minus fog lights (don't care). The 20 miles of range makes no difference anymore since you can charge the SR to 100% safely and you never supercharge to 100% anyway. I also went with the aero wheels rather than the 19in sport which makes up the mileage different as well between the SR and SR+ by putting the caps on for long trips.
With the option of being able to upgrade later (but not downgrade) and they do run sales on upgrades now and then, I didn't think the 4500.00 worth the difference at this time.

Reactions: duanra and jdmd
If existing inventory SR+ is converted to SR for quick delivery there is a 90% chance both plugs-110 and 240v- will be in the trunk.
Thanks, Yes I think so too. Someone else that took delivery 2 days of an SR also confirmed he got the 240v in his kit in another thread. So should be all set!
They might not give you floor mats but I can't see them taking away your main option for home charging lol.

Who said?
What makes you think it is upper end capped and not lower end capped?

SR only allows you to access 20-100% of the battery not 0-80%

90% would really be 92% daily, maybe not a big deal. That approach would make the SR less appealing.

Historically Tesla top limits them from the S40 to the refresh S60 and X60’s all upper end capped. Wouldn’t expect them to change now.