Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ heated rear seats and front fog lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To be honest, I'm not massively annoyed by it as both of my kids in the back seat are still in car seats so it's very rare anyone would need/ are use of heated seats and I can count the number of times I've needed to actually use front fogs over the past decade on one hand so it's not actually impacting me but it is a niggling thought!

That being said, if you came on here and said you had Premium Connectivity then I'd be properly jealous! I hope they pull their finger out and let us upgrade to that for the integrated Spotify streaming audio alone. I hate having to Bluetooth in. Coming from 2 cars with CarPlay, the Tesla system feels arse backwards.

No premium tho :/ just standard the rest (Standard Maps, no spotify etc)

I'm just waiting for someone to say his SR+ charges to 330 miles! (For the record - Mine at 100% gets 237 miles)

Just a thought - can you select the rear seats in you Tesla app when you turn on climate?

No premium tho :/ just standard the rest (Standard Maps, no spotify etc)

I'm just waiting for someone to say his SR+ charges to 330 miles! (For the record - Mine at 100% gets 237 miles)

Just a thought - can you select the rear seats in you Tesla app when you turn on climate?

If someone says that about mileage then it's pitchforks and torches outside the nearest service centre!

Only shows the front two in the app.

If someone says that about mileage then it's pitchforks and torches outside the nearest service centre!

Only shows the front two in the app.
Just took this screenshot of mine

Screenshot_20190903-162236.png

I hope they pull their finger out and let us upgrade to that for the integrated Spotify streaming audio alone. I hate having to Bluetooth in. Coming from 2 cars with CarPlay, the Tesla system feels arse backwards.

I'm not sure how deep the disabling goes for prem-connectivity, but if stuff like spotify works when at home on wifi, have you tried setting up your phone as a wifi hotspot and connecting to that?

Front fog lights are a PITA if you ask me. Too many drivers use them when not needed, annoying other road users. Then there's that completely stupid idea of turning them on and off as you turn the steering wheel. You see them going on and off as people navigate roundabouts. Pointless and annoying.
Tonight I saw a classic consequence of this stupid asymmetric fog light nonsense. Coming up to a roundabout, guy in front stopped because a Skoda on the roundabout had its right fog lamp on, momentarily confusing guy in front to think it was an indicator. An instant later the left fog was on as he exited. It's not even as if the fog lights improve visibility. The beam spread of a fog light makes it pretty useless for seeing any distance ahead at all.

Tonight I saw a classic consequence of this stupid asymmetric fog light nonsense. Coming up to a roundabout, guy in front stopped because a Skoda on the roundabout had its right fog lamp on, momentarily confusing guy in front to think it was an indicator. An instant later the left fog was on as he exited. It's not even as if the fog lights improve visibility. The beam spread of a fog light makes it pretty useless for seeing any distance ahead at all.

I don't think what you are referring to are fog lights...they are cornering lights...my old Mazda 6 had them. Some cars the headlights move as you turn the corner, others do it cheaply and just turn on a light as the car turns to light up where you are heading...these were separate to my fog lights

I don't think what you are referring to are fog lights...they are cornering lights...my old Mazda 6 had them. Some cars the headlights move as you turn the corner, others do it cheaply and just turn on a light as the car turns to light up where you are heading...these were separate to my fog lights
I'm sure on most cars the "cornering lights" and the fog lights are one and the same.

@Marc Roberts, @davidmc,
I had the added delights of heated rear seats on my SR+ when I picked up on Tuesday. This morning the option has disappeared from the App. Interestingly they still show up if you go through the touchcreen menu but don't seem to work if you select. Are yours still working?
I noticed that this morning too! I think the App has been updated - no rears on App but in Car i can select all

@Marc Roberts, @davidmc,
I had the added delights of heated rear seats on my SR+ when I picked up on Tuesday. This morning the option has disappeared from the App. Interestingly they still show up if you go through the touchcreen menu but don't seem to work if you select. Are yours still working?
WIll check when in car later if they still work (i could this morning and get the rear seat warm)

do they actually work if you select in the car. I'm able to select but they don't seem to work
Mine did warm up yesterday as a colleague sat in the back and i turned it on, few mins later he said his backside was sweating!

Saw the app had changed this morning to only front seats, i checked in car when i got in this morning and could still select them and turn them on but didn't see if they warmed up by touching them. Will check later.

I noticed (This forum) that in USA the people who ordered the Standard Range (not the plus) have had all there setting reduced. They could use the heated seats, had 240 miles when charging and better Audio. This has now been reverted to 220 miles, no heated seats and Audio has reduced. This is the actual spec for the SR and they just had an added bonus for some time.

@Marc Roberts, @davidmc,
Mine are now gone. I noticed in the app that they were gone, had people in the back at lunch and they didn't warm up when I pressed the button on the main screen. I've just rebooted and now they've gone on the main screen too. Booooo.