Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ range is now 402 km

malou

Apr 17, 2019
Montréal
LR shows 499 km (why not 500 km ?), and comes with grey performance wheels!

And increased the price to $55990

Not sure how this will comply with Federal rebate rules now...

EDIT: Oh, it still does include the transport fees, so it's really 54 600$...

Darthbenji

Mar 27, 2018
Ontario
Since the day I got mine it’s been no higher than 375kms for a full charge. So this 402km is a bit of a joke. A brand new one can’t get over 375! Plus I’ve got no where near that range and have constant regen dots unless im below 50%. Totally different experience from my LR.

CdnElec

Jul 17, 2019
Toronto
My sr+ is less than 60 days old and 359km on a full charge. It seems the new range might be a different physical battery as the delivery is 5-8 weeks now. If that's the case, a software update wouldn't help us.

Oveeus

Jun 4, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Has anyone got a bump on their mileage as of today?

My regular setting is to charge up to 90%, and it has always been up to 330km since delivery. I know it's a bit lower than the 386*0.9=347 I was supposed to get, but I always figured it's the way I drive it.

Just woke up today and the same charging to 90% now shows at 341km. I don't think the way I drive it has changed in any meaningful way enough to justify the bump. If anything, the recent temperature drop in YVR would warrant a lower mileage.

malou

Apr 17, 2019
Montréal
Tesla website does state that's the "EPA est."... Not the same thing we see in the car. Might just be the EPA estimate that changed...

pcons

M3 AWD+
Jul 5, 2018
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
My money is on they just factored in the slightly better efficiency of the SR+ due to its lighter weight. Same as what they did when they 'updated' the range on the LR RWD....well, not really the same in that case because that improvement was to reflect the single motor configuration being more efficient than the dual motor, but the SR+ has a few hundred lbs/kg less in battery weight, so for sure would have a different wh/km rating than a LR RWD (ie, it should be more efficient).

If you ask me, its all marketing gobledy-gook.....:p By that I mean, the 'say' 402 km, but that's under ideal conditions and doesn't factor in phantom losses, so if you drive 10 km/day and charge once every 2 weeks you will lose 1/3 of your 'range' to phantom losses....

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC