Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i have about 10k miles on my car(sr+ model 3) and during the summer and fall months(20-30c) i get about 234 wh/mile average with mostly 75mph driving. But in the colder weather nowadays im averaging about 254. Idk why you guys are getting so high wh/mile. Idk if this is just for me but its not that big of a difference between cold weather and hot weather, depending on the heater usage. However, my rated range is 223/240

But your cold is like our summer

i have about 10k miles on my car(sr+ model 3) and during the summer and fall months(20-30c) i get about 234 wh/mile average with mostly 75mph driving. But in the colder weather nowadays im averaging about 254. Idk why you guys are getting so high wh/mile. Idk if this is just for me but its not that big of a difference between cold weather and hot weather, depending on the heater usage. However, my rated range is 223/240

But your cold is like our summer

Yes indeed ... I just looked at the weather stats for Murrieta and actually the winter months average highs, compared to southern Scotland, are significantly warmer than our summer months. There is not much difference in energy consumption until you get daytime temperatures consistently below 7 or 8 celsius (44/46F) combined with lots of rain and wind so needing wipers, heat, A/C to keep windows free of condensation, short daylight hours so more lights. By the look of it Murrieta just doesn't have a cold season (though I'm sure you will have the odd cold day and perhaps night-time drops).

Also the Model 3 just likes being closer to where it was born maybe!