Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ rear heated seats purchased through the app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So for 400 + 133 the only thing that makes the SR+ interior different from the AWD is the audio system? Wow, SR+ is a crazy good value if so. Glad for all you guys that can get this, but it certainly makes my premium interior feel much less premium.

I get the battery is not as big, but even at $200/kwh the extra 20 kwh of battery amounts to a 4k 'value'. Kick in another thousand or two for dual motor, and the delta still is skewed in favor of the SR+ since the AWD is 10k more plus tax (not even factoring in rebates).

Not that I'm bitter, just making observations that this makes it more difficult to justify going AWD for anything other than the performance boost.

So for 400 + 133 the only thing that makes the SR+ interior different from the AWD is the audio system? Wow, SR+ is a crazy good value if so. Glad for all you guys that can get this, but it certainly makes my premium interior feel much less premium

I get the battery is not as big, but even at $200/kwh the extra 20 kwh of battery amounts to a 4k 'value'. Kick in another thousand or two for dual motor, and the delta still is skewed in favor of the SR+ since the AWD is 10k more plus tax (not even factoring in rebates).

Not that I'm bitter, just making observations that this makes it more difficult to justify going AWD for anything other than the performance boost.

You have AWD, much better performance, longer range and a better sound system to be happy about. However, Its the rebate situation in Ontario that makes difference in cost $15K which is why I happily bought the SR+.

• Informative
Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
So for 400 + 133 the only thing that makes the SR+ interior different from the AWD is the audio system? Wow, SR+ is a crazy good value if so. Glad for all you guys that can get this, but it certainly makes my premium interior feel much less premium.

There are other differences. Fog lights for example. But indeed, there are actually relatively few differences between the two. SR+ value is very good compared to LR AWD. I think once upon a time the SR+ was supposed to get cloth seats, which I actually would have preferred. They still can make changes to the SR+ (they already have) to reduce its cost for future production while keeping the consumer price the same, that was the goal all along IIRC (and they explanation for why it still uses the pleather seats, has heated seats, etc.).

There are other differences. Fog lights for example. But indeed, there are actually relatively few differences between the two. SR+ value is very good compared to LR AWD. I think once upon a time the SR+ was supposed to get cloth seats, which I actually would have preferred. They still can make changes to the SR+ (they already have) to reduce its cost for future production while keeping the consumer price the same, that was the goal all along IIRC (and they explanation for why it still uses the pleather seats, has heated seats, etc.).

Don’t forget fog lights used to come standard with the SR+ so some of us have them. Later builds don’t even have the HW for them.

Depending on how many road trips you take and where, range is still a big difference.

I drive to Montreal and Ottawa often enough and in winter it would be rough without the extra range (and it would mean extra stops even in summer). Though once Brockville supercharger comes online it'll be less of an issue for sure.

At -20C which it was last Friday I used about 55kwh from Kingston to Cornwall (there's no supercharger in between, though I guess there is chademo). Granted Sr+ is more efficient due to less weight from batteries and no front motor it would still have been really tight. And I usually try to skip Kingston and drive straight from Belleville.