Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered in June M3 basic as it gets and time frame constantly changes. My question is after getting approved with Tesla’s loan option, does anyone know when they contact you after? Or what exactly happens after? When do I sign the contracts and what not? Everything is super vague
You only get contacted by Tesla as your delivery date gets nearer. You will be assigned a set delivery date. They will send you an email/text 2 days prior confirming your delivery and making sure you complete all the pre-delivery tasks.

You only get contacted by Tesla as your delivery date gets nearer. You will be assigned a set delivery date. They will send you an email/text 2 days prior confirming your delivery and making sure you complete all the pre-delivery tasks.
Ok thank you for the info! I was left hanging after the loan approval which was right away and never had a follow up so I was curious

Ok thank you for the info! I was left hanging after the loan approval which was right away and never had a follow up so I was curious
Of course!

I only know this because in my same reservation, I originally put it in for a Model 3 Performance and the lead time on that was much quicker than the SR+.

I'm patiently waiting for my SR+. It's anytime from July 17 - July 31.

Of course!

I only know this because in my same reservation, I originally put it in for a Model 3 Performance and the lead time on that was much quicker than the SR+.

I'm patiently waiting for my SR+. It's anytime from July 17 - July
Of course!

If you don’t mind me asking…..when did you place your order?

Of course!

Awesome! I hope you get yours soon.
Everyday my timeframe changes. Wouldn’t be surprised if it gets pushed to October at this rate. Hope to at least get a VIN # soon 🤷‍♂️

Wow ! That was fast… where in California are you taking delivery? I ordered mine 5/29 SR+ white/black still nothing. EDD right now 7/17-8/2.
Just right outside of LA in SoCal! My SA was pushing me to finish the pre-delivery tasks so I can make it by end of quarter. I would be in the Performance right now if I hadn't had swapped last minute haha.

Awesome! I hope you get yours soon.
Everyday my timeframe changes. Wouldn’t be surprised if it gets pushed to October at this rate. Hope to at least get a VIN # soon 🤷‍♂️
Thank you!! I wish the same for you as well. The strange part is when I was about to take delivery for the Performance, I got assigned the VIN AFTER getting the text notification for delivery. It was very strange. I wouldn't 100% bank on the fact that you'll have the VIN beforehand. Granted they may have just been in a crunch since it was end of Q2.

Reactions: DDarko
Just right outside of LA in SoCal! My SA was pushing me to finish the pre-delivery tasks so I can make it by end of quarter. I would be in the Performance right now if I hadn't had swapped last minute haha.

Thank you!! I wish the same for you as well. The strange part is when I was about to take delivery for the Performance, I got assigned the VIN AFTER getting the text notification for delivery. It was very strange. I wouldn't 100% bank on the fact that you'll have the VIN beforehand. Granted they may have just been in a crunch since it was end of Q2.
Same ! I did everything the loan approval is only good for 30days so that’s coming to an end( will have to reapply ). I’m in burbank so we will see looks like we have somewhat similar EDD .

Would you believe that my ICE car broke down today? 2.5 weeks away from my appointment date for delivery: 8/1 (and day after VIN assignment). It couldn’t wait any longer, I guess. 🤣😂 This car knows it is being replaced and has an attitude problem. I’ll figure out whether it is worth it to repair and sell or just donate. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Come on, M3..
That really sucks... It'll be the longest 2.5 weeks of your life now 😅

• Funny
Reactions: CCRM3
You still win! Ordered 6/7, Called and chatted asking for my SA, still have never been contacted back. 🤷🏽‍♂️
I placed an order for a M3P May 22, delivery date was last week but I last minute changed to a SR+.

My EDD is now showing 7/17 - 7/31. Wonder if I'm higher up on the list since I've had an order in since May.
I ordered on the same date as you. SR+ all standard. Current EDD 8/11 ~ 8/31. Picking up location Costa Mesa.

That really sucks... It'll be the longest 2.5 weeks of your life now 😅
Riiighhtt?! Plus, I just paid for personal training and pool access at my gym. I was on my way to meet my friend, whom I haven’t seen in 18 years, poolside for drinks.. hopefully, it won’t take another 18 years to hang out. 🤣😂 I told another friend, who invited me to go line dancing with her, that I could walk to meet her at the bar and that I might be sweaty. She responded, “Hell no. You are not walking.”

Ironically, I had a weekend full of plans.. first time since the pandemic. It will DEFINITELY be a loooonnnnggg 2.5 weeks! 😬 Anyone in NOVA want to be friends so you can be my Uber - I’ll pay you! P.S. Kidding. Let me just rent a car until August.. but we can still be friends. 💃🏼

• Funny
Reactions: Baytomax

Interesting! What date did you switch from Performance to SR+? I'm in So Cal also, ordered 6/7, M3SR+ white/white, aero wheels, no FSD. EDD was 8/7-8/28 but today bumped left to 7/25-8/14. 🤞🏼🤞🏼

Interesting! What date did you switch from Performance to SR+? I'm in So Cal also, ordered 6/7, M3SR+ white/white, aero wheels, no FSD. EDD was 8/7-8/28 but today bumped left to 7/25-8/14. 🤞🏼🤞🏼
I switched this Monday actually (7/12/21). Crazy huh? I applied for Tesla financing the next day, got approved 2 hours later. It's all been very streamlined for me.