Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got assigned a VIN!!! 🎉🎉🎉

I was at 8-13 weeks as of yesterday. This morning EDD switched to 7/26 - 8/5 (No VIN). At about 4pm I got an email from Tesla saying my final payment was ready. I logged into my account, accepted Tesla Vision and saw my VIN! New EDD is 7/14-7/20!

I had originally selected Cash as my payment method to prioritize my order but actually plan to Finance. Went to Tesla chat to see if they could make the switch but they advised me to contact my SA so waiting to do that before proceeding.

Order Date: 6/18/2021
Configuration: M3 SR+, White/Black, Aero rims, no FSD

I went to test drive a Model 3 today in Plano, TX. It was the same configuration as mine, same color and it had only ~40 miles on it so it probably came this week. I am like damn why they didn't just match this car with me 😂

I did the same thing this week - my first drive in a Model 3, in a car that was the same configuration as the one I have ordered. It just makes the wait harder.

Sadly, they must keep inventory/cars to an extent for test driving purposes. Did you ask if you can purchase it?
Yup, I asked and they said the same thing you just said: They have to keep inventory for test driving. If I don't receive my car before the end of September that's when I might contact them to do so. He also said Texas is currently receiving cars right now and that I should receive mine in mid-August so let's see.

Yup, I asked and they said the same thing you just said: They have to keep inventory for test driving. If I don't receive my car before the end of September that's when I might contact them to do so. He also said Texas is currently receiving cars right now and that I should receive mine in mid-August so let's see.
I've been waiting almost 2.5 weeks to schedule a test drive for a performance version here in houston. I mean i've already ordered but just wanted to experience it haha.

I’m so happy to see all the VINs dropping today!! I ordered 5/31 but my date is 9/3-9/23 for some reason. My trade-in offer expired so it had to be redone. I was out of town at the time so I couldn’t confirm the miles on the vehicle and had to wait 3 days to do so. At the time, my EDD was sometime in July. But when I got back from vacation and verified my miles for trade-in again, my date was pushed about 2-3 weeks out. I asked my SA, but he said it wasn’t related. I texted today to see why so many people in my are with order dates close to mine we’re getting VINs and not me, and all he’d say was that my account shows September. Which I knew already. Trying not to get discouraged. I’ll just have to live vicariously through all of you who are getting VINs now.

Reactions: Floger and MisterL
CONGRATS!! Did you, by chance, get a notice in your account to make the final payment? When I made my payment, that’s when the EDD changed to an actual appointment date. Curious to know how far out our appointment dates are, since mine isn’t until 8/1. My original EDD when it updated from “3-13 weeks” was July 21 to August 10.

Not sure it makes a difference to anyone tracking these dates, but my order date was 5/30 and it will align to exactly 9 weeks from the date I ordered to the date of delivery on 8/1.. if my vehicle doesn’t arrive sooner.

But let’s be real.. I’m hoping it arrives sooner!! 👏🏻💃🏼🤣

SUPER happy for EVERY VIN received. Can’t wait to see pictures being posted soon when each one of us takes delivery!! 🎉🎉
I have not yet received option to make payment. I have reached out to SA since I have preapproval from DCU for 1.24% loan.

Reactions: frycar and CCRM3
I’m so happy to see all the VINs dropping today!! I ordered 5/31 but my date is 9/3-9/23 for some reason. My trade-in offer expired so it had to be redone. I was out of town at the time so I couldn’t confirm the miles on the vehicle and had to wait 3 days to do so. At the time, my EDD was sometime in July. But when I got back from vacation and verified my miles for trade-in again, my date was pushed about 2-3 weeks out. I asked my SA, but he said it wasn’t related. I texted today to see why so many people in my are with order dates close to mine we’re getting VINs and not me, and all he’d say was that my account shows September. Which I knew already. Trying not to get discouraged. I’ll just have to live vicariously through all of you who are getting VINs now.
That is definitely disappointing. Which location are you picking up at? Mine is Tysons, VA and I was told by my SA last week that they prioritize this location for deliveries in this area because it’s the largest. I don’t know how accurate that is though. What configuration did you order? I chose black exterior and no other modifications to the standard. No FSD.

sending you good vibes. i’m in the same mid-may order boat. there are lots of us still around so you’re definitely not alone. i’m starting to wonder if it’s just that i ordered a less common config so they don’t make batches of them as often. what color did you order? crossing my fingers for ya!

That is definitely disappointing. Which location are you picking up at? Mine is Tysons, VA and I was told by my SA last week that they prioritize this location for deliveries in this area because it’s the largest. I don’t know how accurate that is though. What configuration did you order? I chose black exterior and no other modifications to the standard. No FSD.
I’ll be picking up at Tyson’s Corner as well. I live about 60 miles away, but was told that was still close enough for pickup. And I chose blue exterior/white interior, no FSD, aero wheels.

I’ll be picking up at Tyson’s Corner as well. I live about 60 miles away, but was told that was still close enough for pickup. And I chose blue exterior/white interior, no FSD, aero wheels.
I have the same exact configuration with a 5/9 order date and no VIN yet. FWIW, I looked at the delivery spreadsheet and a lot of these configurations haven’t been delivered yet so maybe our batch will be coming soon!

Reactions: curlette461
Hello all! Been lurking here ever since my order and figured why not join in the hopeful madness that is the EDD. I’m probably the few that started out with their EDDs at the very tail end of the estimates on the config page. Ordered on 6/1 Blue/Black interior aero wheels and basic autopilot, pick up in Seattle/Renton delivery center. Started out at 8/1-9/1 then moved to 9/7-10/7 and it’s been all over the place but never broke past the mid Aug. timeline. Not holding my breath for anything earlier than that haha.

Just got my VIN after 83 days of waiting!
Ordered 4/21, White/Black, Aero, No FSD
EDD is now July 17-20.

I live like two hours away from the factory, so how soon do you guys think I can get the car? Do you think it could be here by tomorrow or Friday (even though the EDD is July 17-20.)

I think most people out West are having about 90 days wait... good to hear Tesla's at least somewhat consistent in that regard (even if their published EDD is all over the place).

I think most people out West are having about 90 days wait... good to hear Tesla's at least somewhat consistent in that regard (even if their published EDD is all over the place).
I'm curious where you're getting that info from. Looking at the delivery spreadsheet, it looks like CA deliveries are right around 40-50 days. Seems pretty typical for most locations.

Getting ready to take delivery of my M3 tomorrow. Got my wife’s MY LR back in May and placed and order for M3 shortly after. The order was placed on hold, wanted to lock in price, and take delivery in mid to late July. My SA was extremely responsive and helpful through purchase of both cars. She was pretty accurate with helping me take the car off of hold (6/3) to get the car on the timeline I was hoping for.

Like everyone else, EDD jumped all over the place, July, August, June, July, September and most recently a lot of 8-12 weeks and 9-13 weeks. This morning it showed July 15-25, I believe. The whole time my SA continued to check in and update me while also holding confident the car would come mid-late July. I sold my car beginning of July as my Carvana offer was expiring and was getting lower appraisals at this point, still hoping I wouldn’t go too long without a car.

This afternoon I got a voicemail from the delivery person, she said my car had just come in on the truck and wanted to see if I would like to accept the vehicle in the next week. I called back as soon as I could and was connected to my SA. She was surprised I called because she had just pulled up my account to call me, they got in a M3 LR that someone wasn’t able to accept so she was going to see if I was interested. I said no and thought I had gotten my hopes up because the delivery person said my car was there. She said if delivery is calling then they have their own calls and information they are working off of, she put me on quick hold then confirmed my car indeed was there and we set a pickup appointment for 1pm tomorrow.

I did not get a text, an email, vin on account or anything. They reached out to me right away. I have had excellent experiences with them both of them on the two orders and deliveries of our MY and M3.

Always read through valuable input from people on these threads but never posted. Hopefully this helps someone navigate this process. Be kind to your Tesla support people! Be kind to everyone!