Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The thing that bothers me is that my car has been at the Buena Park dealership since 8/24, my edd is 8/29 - 9/1, but no specific word from them at all about when my car might be ready to drive off with…
Honestly if the car is there already I would say call and bother them as much as you can lol. They have an incentive to not have cars sitting around so I could not think of why they are holding it.

Reactions: RogerMc
Still not following.. so is your concern that the motor is going to wear out faster on an LFP car vs. NCA car? Again, they both have the same warranty. 🤷🏻‍♂️

The car may be heavier, but it performs exactly the same… if not better. You get more usable daily range with LFP by being able to charge to 100% nightly without any ill effects.

I don’t know, just sounds like people are trying to justify keeping the NCA pack, but it doesn’t sound warranted. 😇
… he means that the car is more heavier so you need to give more energy to the car (F=MA) to have the same millage … that extra power needed is where you’re loosing your range

Just reading on another site a guy bought the lfp sr+ Thursday night and had a delivery appointment for today to get the car. Then today he got a robo-call confirming the appointment. Then a few minutes later he got another call from a human being postponing the appointment to 9/2…
i hope this doesn’t happen to @Mattmo
(the only one i can remember who has the LFP res now 🤣)

Reactions: Mattmo
From what I was told about my order they have to update the car and wait for a new Monroney sticker to be printed. Not sure what else had to be done, but I remember him saying those two.
Did they happen to mention the timing of when the update would take place? Like on a certain day? I wonder how much monitoring the local dealerships have to do during an update? If the Tesla software guys have the update all ready to go, then that’s one thing. If they’re still trying to put the update together, there are all kinds of things that could go way far south…

Reactions: RogerMc
It happened to us, too. We were supposed to take delivery tomorrow and they called and said it wouldn’t be ready until Friday because of the updates.
Another guy on the west coast got pushed off from today to 9/4…
Well, I guess the good thing is that there is at least some consistency in their words. Hoping 9/4 will be the magical date.

Hi guys. I placed an order last night, my EDD August 29 - September 1. I received my VIN as soon as I had placed my order.

Now the only issue is - I was already approved by Tesla financing. My SA said to apply for financing again. They wouldn't be able to transfer my application to this car. I typically want to avoid applying again and do a credit run. Any thoughts or suggestions on what I can do?

Hi guys. I placed an order last night, my EDD August 29 - September 1. I received my VIN as soon as I had placed my order.

Now the only issue is - I was already approved by Tesla financing. My SA said to apply for financing again. They wouldn't be able to transfer my application to this car. I typically want to avoid applying again and do a credit run. Any thoughts or suggestions on what I can do?
Contact [email protected] prior to reapplying. They might deny you because you have two orders active at the same time. Inform them the correct RN number.

That happened to me, one of the finance guys from Tesla reached out and asked for my RN number before resubmitting it to the lender, re-approved within 5 mins. And no, I don't think I was dinged with another hard inq.

I was told same thing. SA assured me the credit would not be run a 2nd time. Surprise, it was. I got an email from Experian saying so.

Contact [email protected] prior to reapplying. They might deny you because you have two orders active at the same time. Inform them the correct RN number.

That happened to me, one of the finance guys from Tesla reached out and asked for my RN number before resubmitting it to the lender, re-approved within 5 mins. And no, I don't think I was dinged with another hard inq.
Hi. I just did this and sent an email as you suggested. Let's see what they come up with.