Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got our trade in value and it's a better deal than selling to Carmax due to sales tax savings. Now the amount due is showing negative (they'll owe us money), due to the equity in the car. My question is do they cut us a check or do we have to put it towards the car?

Also how/when do they put the original order fee from the non-lfp towards the new order.

FYI: Our EDD is Sept 3-13, located in Phoenix, order placed 8/27. Got a VIN and all our pre-work is complete.

Just got our trade in value and it's a better deal than selling to Carmax due to sales tax savings. Now the amount due is showing negative (they'll owe us money), due to the equity in the car. My question is do they cut us a check or do we have to put it towards the car?

Also how/when do they put the original order fee from the non-lfp towards the new order.

FYI: Our EDD is Sept 3-13, located in Phoenix, order placed 8/27. Got a VIN and all our pre-work is complete.
Interesting, carmax is offering 4k more for my Kia than tesla. Though, I'm in NJ so we have no sales tax on ev

Reactions: hcdavis3
It says it in the note that Tesla sent out that they are introducing “a new battery pack“ not an entirely new imported vehicle. Additionally, if there were a bunch of Teslas being imported into America there would be countless threads, articles, and tweets about it. They recently shipped a bunch to Europe and it was noted everywhere. Tesla didn’t secretly import thousands of cars to America and nobody knows about it lol. Plus there’s a big tax on imported vehicles so they wouldn’t be able to sell them at the same price. The VIN number also tells you wher
This video suggests a DOD of 80% (so don’t go below 20%) and charging to 100% once a week. Rest of the times charge to less than 100%. I thought Tesla/Elon basically said 100% daily is perfectly fine? Anyone?
I wish Tesla has a best practice technical write up on comparing battery type vs charging.

Reactions: RogerMc
Hi guys. I placed an order last night, my EDD August 29 - September 1. I received my VIN as soon as I had placed my order.

Now the only issue is - I was already approved by Tesla financing. My SA said to apply for financing again. They wouldn't be able to transfer my application to this car. I typically want to avoid applying again and do a credit run. Any thoughts or suggestions on what I can do?
One thing you (and anyone who is impacted by this) should try is a stern call and email to Tesla finance and Wells Fargo asking them to remove the old inquiry from your credit report. Banks can and will do this for legit reasons and you should try your best to do this, especially if you plan to apply for serious credit (house/car, etc) in the near future..

I honestly don't think Tesla gives a damn about non-Tesla trade-ins. My Tesla trade in offer for a 2018 Volvo XC60 was $23K. I sold it back to my Volvo dealership for $37K in less than an hour.
did you lease or buy your car?

i only ask because i’m in the midst of trying to sell off my lease and curious to see how others have found this process. my car is a 2018 as well.

did you lease or buy your car?

i only ask because i’m in the midst of trying to sell off my lease and curious to see how others have found this process. my car is a 2018 as well.
I had bought/financed. The really good part was that I bought for 39K and sold it for 37K after a year and 10K miles, so I was happy with the deal.