Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live where we average about 44" of snow per year. In my experience, an RWD or FWD car is decent in the snow if you have a good set of winter tires...better than an AWD car with all-season tires, especially when braking or cornering. Of course, the combination of AWD and winter tires would be the best of all.
Exactly! We’re in northern Ontario, snow is between 4-6ft per winter. A good pair of snow tires and not hammering the accelerator won’t make you slide.

On that note, I asked Tesla if I could order their winter tires ahead of delivery and they said no “you need to have a VIN before you can order tires”.

Interesting post I found on twitter this morning:

2022 production numbers for SR+(RWD) dropped to around 10-11~% this year when compared to 43~% last year. Wonder if it's due to the LFP switch/Giga Shanghai shut down or they really are just pumping out LRs for higher margin.

Another datapoint I guess? 🫠
This is Fremont production and LFP batteries aren’t made by Tesla. Not sure if Giga Shanghai can be to blame here.

That’s crazy. I have now seen multiple people order on the same day (including myself) and all three have different EDD times. There’s yours, mine is Oct 22 - Dec 17 Someone else had Oct (?) to Dec 8.

All were RWD as well

Me being in Canada (west coast) might be a bit different, but just for comparison's sake, my OD was 3/14 for a MSM/Aero/No FSD and my most recent EDD change was two weeks ago and currently sits at Oct 8-Dec 3.

So I haven't been on this site in over a month but I thought id come back on to give you all a monthly update.

Well, since my last message, it appears a whole slew of people switched gears and changed over to LR. You know, you guys are probably just playing into Teslas hands by doing this as im sure that's what they want people to do.

My date is July 18th to August 20th. The latter being near a full year since I ordered. I for one would rather wait then change though.

Why?

Well, cause im paying a total of 52k CAD for my white int, white ext RWD with 18 inch rims and no FSD. I receive 8k in federal and provincial incentives so thats huge. If I were to switch and got last Septembers price, id be paying like 66k. Plus taxes and thats 73900. Subtract my current cost for my RWD and thats 21k.

Lol.

Ya, thats not happening. I dont care if I have to wait till October 2022, no way im paying an extra 21k.

Well, till next month, here's to those who decided to grind it out with your RWD's!

This has been my thought process for the last few weeks too. The price gap for my decision was even smaller (about $10K since I didn't qualify for incentives), but even then it wasn't worth the jump. I only see myself keeping the Model 3 for a few years since I'll need a bigger vehicle so that doesn't really favor the price jump either. Guess it's just a waiting game now!

This is Fremont production and LFP batteries aren’t made by Tesla. Not sure if Giga Shanghai can be to blame here.

Ah true. I was just thinking more of the lines of Tesla pumping out more LRs at Fremont to make up for some of the revenue loss from Giga Shanghai being shut down while putting RWDs on the back burner? But I'm really just speculating.... and waiting... :cool:

Reactions: Drew_in_Tx
I said to myself i wouldnt do it..but i just changed my order to LR..this gas prices have been really hard..5.3 usd here in arizona is insane..od was 4/09 blue, black interior,no fsd,aero wheels..Current edd even with the change is 08/7 to 09/18..ill still be here but ill be mainly at awd thread now

Reactions: AustinL
Pasadena, CA (Pick-up Burbank)
OD: 9/28/21
M3 RWD Deep Blue Metallic/Black | Sport Wheels | No FSD

EDD: March 2022 (as of 9/28/21 - 1/5/22)
EDD: June 2022 (as of 1/5/22 - 1/20/22)
EDD: March 7 - March 31 (as of 1/21/22 - 1/30/22)
EDD: April 21 - May 19 (as of 1/31/22 - 3/14/22)
EDD: March 18 - March 31 (as of 3/15/22 - 3/18/22)
EDD: April 28 - June 02 (as of 3/19/22 - 4/6/22)
EDD: April 28 - May 26 (as of 4/6/22 - 4/28/22)
EDD: June 30 - Aug 11 (as of 4/29/22 - 5/22/22)
EDD: July 11 - Aug 15 (as of 5/23/22)
Configuration changed (5/23/22): Blk/Blk/Aero to Blue/Blk/Sports Wheels
VIN Received 5/24 (244XXX)
EDD: May 24 - May 29 (as of 5/24/22 - 5/27/22)
EDD: May 28 - May 30 (as of 5/27/22)
DD: May 29 (Home delivery)

Reference of my timetable for the newbies

I ended up keeping my Sports Wheels instead of swapping with my neighbor. I'm going to get them powder coated satin black!

Received my RWD White/ Black/ Aero/ no FSD car today, 238 days after ordering. Glad it is over and wishing everyone gets to that point soon.
Delivery was relatively smooth.. spent 50 mins inspecting the car thoroughly and found 2 minor issues - Front passenger door manual release was not working and driver window was grating while retracting. Service took about 45 mins to fix and we were good to go.
Got matrix lights and Michelin tires and Ryzen and all that jazz.. so we are quite 😃.
Very nice! Happy & glad you're crusing now in a kick A car! 👏

Slow day at work so let's try to find some meaning in the EDD

Here is my history SR+ MSM/BLK/18 Northern Virginia (DC metro)

9/16 OD EDD Feb

... waiting meme ...

12/31 EDD 3/1-3/29 (4 weeks)
1/11 EDD 4/1-4/29 (4 week range) - EDD changed when previous EDD end date became less than 11 weeks
1/30 EDD 5/10-6/7 (4 week range) - EDD changed when previous EDD end date became less than 13 weeks
3/7 EDD 6/15-7/13 (4 week range) - EDD changed when previous EDD end date became less than 13 weeks
3/22 EDD 7/5-8/16 (6 week range) - EDD changed when previous EDD end date became less than 16 weeks
5/10 EDD 8/7-9/18 (6 week range) - EDD changed when previous EDD end date became less than 14 weeks

As shown above, there appears to be some check of the EDD when the EDD end date approaches X(weeks). Or it's completely random. Probably random.
We should start a petition for a waiting meme or icon or something for everyone in here and LR forums.

Reactions: MtlMV