Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD of 9/11/21, Red/white/rwd/no FSD. EDD just changed from 8/6-8/20 to 8/17-8/21 and finally got a text saying my VIN has been assigned! I accepted the acceleration agreement and texted back to switch from cash to financing. Do I need to do anything else now like set the loan terms in my account, or do I just wait for the delivery date and I can set the loan terms later? Also, right now it is showing 4.49% for both 60 and 72 months through Tesla financing, anyone have better options in the US?
If you can find a credit union they usually offer better rates.

Reactions: BTM3
Good news/Bad news:

The M3 is in for Scottsdale AZ pick-up Aug 9th (OD 4/1). Yeah. I'm in MA (Cape Cod). Not so "Yeah."

Called my Tucson rep, left a msg and am waiting on a call-back. Would like to put off the pick-up until Aug 31st. We are driving our Tesla MY from the Cape to AZ, so forget the "just fly" suggestions.

Sigh.

Rich

They gave me 5.90% for 96 months. I will try and see if they can go lower when getting the loan. Since rates are supposed to move higher I'm going for the longest term. I can always pay it off sooner with out a penalty, want to keep my savings since cash would be worth more as rates go up.
The VIN change got me puzzled mostly plus not getting the MVPA.
Who is they? Tesla Financing.

Ordered 2/14.
Original delivery was June…
Then July 20-August 17…
Then July 28-September 8…
Then July 28-August 11…
Then August 16-September 13…
VIN Number on July 19 with August 4-8 delivery!
Switched from cash to financing. 96 mo. Navy Federal 6%.
Taking delivery this Saturday, fingers crossed!

Originally ordered Midnight Silver w/Aero, switched to Black w/19” Sport.

Super excited!

Ordered 2/14.
Original delivery was June…
Then July 20-August 17…
Then July 28-September 8…
Then July 28-August 11…
Then August 16-September 13…
VIN Number on July 19 with August 4-8 delivery!
Switched from cash to financing. 96 mo. Navy Federal 6%.
Taking delivery this Saturday, fingers crossed!

Originally ordered Midnight Silver w/Aero, switched to Black w/19” Sport.

Super excited!
What’s your pickup location

So, my trade in offer expired yesterday and I submitted the updated odometer right away to get another offer...
Someone asked about how long does it take. In my experience (renewing my offer for the 3rd or 4th time), it's usually pretty fast. I'm expecting a new offer today, let's see...

I hope this doesn't affect my delivery. A Tesla rep told me that it shouldn't... But we never know right.
I was wondering if I shouldn't just click on "I don't want to trade in a vehicle". They will text me about the trade in anyway, right?

Last edited:
Good news/Bad news:

The M3 is in for Scottsdale AZ pick-up Aug 9th (OD 4/1). Yeah. I'm in MA (Cape Cod). Not so "Yeah."

Called my Tucson rep, left a msg and am waiting on a call-back. Would like to put off the pick-up until Aug 31st. We are driving our Tesla MY from the Cape to AZ, so forget the "just fly" suggestions.

Sigh.

Rich

The next person on the list will get this car. Tesla doesn't hold for a month let alone a 4 days
If you want the car now, you best put your Model Y in a westerly direction soon.

So, my trade in offer expired yesterday and I submitted the updated odometer right away to get another offer...
Someone asked about how long does it take. In my experience (renewing my offer for the 3rd or 4th time), it's usually pretty fast. I'm expecting a new offer today, let's see...

I hope this doesn't affect my delivery. A Tesla rep told me that it shouldn't... But we never know right.
I was wondering if I shouldn't just click on "I don't want to trade in a vehicle". They will text me about the trade in anyway, right?
So, I just got my new offer following with an email from a Tesla rep asking me for new photos for the final trade in offer. I guess this is a good sign?

Reactions: MtlMV and iBiltGiza
Day 178 since my OD and went from a five-week window to a four-week window this morning. Given that September is the last month of the 3rd Quarter, I'm feeling pretty good about a September delivery.

Model 3 RWD/MSM/Black/18"/No FSD/Chicago
Order Date: 2/6/2022

Estimated Delivery Date History:
2/6/2022: October 2022
2/8/2022: May 17 - June 14
3/7/2022: August 2022
3/12/2022: July 25 - August 22
5/13/2022: August 11 - September 22
6/20/2022: August 17 - September 21
8/3/2022: September 1 - September 29

Reactions: iBiltGiza
7/18:M3 RWD: Blue: White: 19":NoFSD: NC

I placed out M3 RWD order and I can track EDD, manage etc on my phone Tesla App, but my wife's app looks nothing like mine. She can't see the Order, the EDD or anything. Is this expected? Anything I can do that would allow her to be able to look every day and be frustrated with how long its taking and all the change as well?? ;)

Thanks
Bill

I believe it only shows up under the individual listed as the primary person on the order. For vehicles registered in both names, Tesla requires the other registrant to create their own Tesla account to sign documents - however the order doesn't show up there. If you want your wife to sign in to see the order she needs to sign in using your credentials. It seems a waste to me that Tesla makes the co-registrant create a Tesla account when in practical terms - it isn't very useful.