Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im wondering if im missing something but ever since I placed my order on 8/18/22 my EDD was set to 11/20 - 01/01 and that date never moved or changed at all. My configuration is:
M3/ White/ White Interior/ 18" Aero/ No FSD
Location - New Jersey

all the steps that was asked in the app has been completed.

For anyone who has updated their order after you place the initial order, does the Tesla order agreement update for you? I originally ordered with EAP but removed it the next day.

My account both online and on the app reflect the change and reflect the price without EAP but the Tesla Order Agreement attached to my account still shows EAP. Should I contact Tesla on this or just go by what my app is showing me?

Thanks!

Im wondering if im missing something but ever since I placed my order on 8/18/22 my EDD was set to 11/20 - 01/01 and that date never moved or changed at all. My configuration is:
Location - New Jersey

My date changed at exactly 1 month, I would just wait.

Location - New Jersey

I would say it's probably too early since it hasn't even been a month yet.

I got the “trade-in” text on Monday, no sign of a VIN yet - source code or otherwise. Hoping something happens today and something positive, not a pushback.

I wanted to ask also….those of you financing…..how does that work when you apply through Tesla? Do you get to select the terms or down payment that you want?

Last edited:
I got the “trade-in” text on Monday, no sign of a VIN yet - source code or otherwise. Hoping something happens today and something positive, not a pushback.

I wanted to ask also….those of you financing…..how does that work when you apply through Tesla? Do you get to select the terms or down payment that you want?
Minimum downpayment is $4250. I'm in the same boat as you! I'm patiently waiting for my VIN after the trade in text and the "build and deliver by the end of the month" text.

I started the week kinda bummed. My delivery date was moved from Saturday 9/17, to Sunday 9/18, and then to Monday 9/19. I was worried it would keep getting pushed out.

Yesterday (9/16) I got the call from a live person saying my car had arrived and making sure we are all set with payment, insurance, etc. for delivery on Monday (9/19). At the end of the call, the woman said “Do you have any questions?” I said “I’m assuming I can’t get it sooner than Monday? I’m ready now! Just kidding.” She went on a long hold and came back and said she tried to get it for “now” but it needed a safety inspection still but she could do tomorrow (aka Saturday aka today at 2!) So, never hurts to ask! Very excited! Hoping all goes well.

OD 4/27, VA. Blue M3 RWD, 18” aero, no FSD.

Minimum downpayment is $4250. I'm in the same boat as you! I'm patiently waiting for my VIN after the trade in text and the "build and deliver by the end of the month" text.
did you finance through Tesla? If so, what sorta questions do they ask on the application? And do you select downpayment at time of application? Thanks so much! My downpayment is highly dependent on my current cars appraisal. I have a few months before my EDD but planning in advance so it can go smoothly.

Is this true about downpayment? I don’t have that. I saw tons of people posting about putting nothing down and doing 96 month terms a couple of months ago. I have to rethink this entirely then. My EDD just got a nasty pushback today and we’re really struggling here at home with one car for three drivers.

What's the current consensus or status on whether pre-delivery tasks affect EDD? Does completing them still move you up or is that no longer a factor? It seems that they are now just basing it off of configuration...I was even told to wait to complete trade in and financing since those expire and may need to be completed again.

What's the current consensus or status on whether pre-delivery tasks affect EDD? Does completing them still move you up or is that no longer a factor? It seems that they are now just basing it off of configuration...I was even told to wait to complete trade in and financing since those expire and may need to be completed again.
Complete everything you can. Set your payment to cash at the time of order, because you can change that once you get VIN to financing.
Is this true about downpayment? I don’t have that. I saw tons of people posting about putting nothing down and doing 96 month terms a couple of months ago. I have to rethink this entirely then. My EDD just got a nasty pushback today and we’re really struggling here at home with one car for three drivers.
I am wondering how you came to the decision for a brand new Tesla in your situation? I would personally be looking at an older used Tesla or a even a couple used but newer ICE cars. But everyone is different.

Yeah, I know this is how it’s always been. What I’m seeing now is that this may not be the case anymore or at least right now.
Has anyone really cracked the code? It all seems to be on a customer to customer basis. Some people change to Blue and two days later their EDD moves up a month, others (like me) change to Blue, no EDD change after a week, change back to White, and two days later have an EDD move up a month.

I think you may as well complete everything you can because its not going to do harm.

Reactions: IndyGopher
I am wondering how you came to the decision for a brand new Tesla in your situation? I would personally be looking at an older used Tesla or an even a couple used but newer ICE cars. But everyone is different.
I had a really nice BMW X1 but when gas got really expensive back in June and, of course, it took premium fuel only, I was paying almost $7.00/gallon - the pump stopped at $75 and the tank wasn’t even full. Plus, the maintenance costs were up there - the “included“ oil changes that somehow cost me $1000 every time with other stuff that needed to be done. That was when I figured I would just sell it and get my dream car, a Tesla. I sold the BMW and profited $13K but had $12k in credit card debt to be paid off. I was able to borrow my infirmed Grandma’s car but my family needed it back a couple weeks ago leaving us with only one car in the household (My gf is also looking for a car for her daughter who just started driving.)
It was always going to be tight but I figured I could swing a $700ish payment for the Tesla M3 without too much worries especially without having to need gas or any real maintenance to speak of except tires in a couple years.
Used Teslas are way too expensive still; that’s not an option. But, yeah, I think this dream might be over. It feels like a real defeat having to go and look at and overpay for a new/certified used Honda or Toyota ICE car.