Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Standard Audio Package - No audio in the last (3rd) row seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Need help from MX owners with the standard audio package (Not with the ultra high fidelity sound package). Mine is a month old MX (Sept. 2016 production AP 1.0 :-( )

I have no audio in the last row (3rd row) seating and wanted to find out if this is normal with the standard package. As we all know, the standard audio on MX has 9 speakers. According to my DES and info from various forums, here is how the 9 speakers are supposed to be located:

Front dash - 2 1" tweeters and 1 3" mid-range (Total 3)
Front doors - 2 6" mid-range (Total 2)
FWD doors - 2 6" mid-range (total 2)
rear trunk - 2 3" mid-range (total 2)
Total (9 speakers).

However, when I adjust the sound field to the rear of the car I don't hear anything from the last row seats from the rear hatch/trunk. (Touch the equalizer button on the audio menu (located on the right with 3 band equalizer icon) and adjust the sound field all the way back to output the audio to the rear (touch and move the circle on the left side, all the way back (tested center, right and left positions)).

I reported this issue along with several others when I dropped the car with the local SC for fixes, and when I picked the car, SC came back saying that there are no speakers on the rear trunk for the standard package !?! This conflicts with the info provided by my DES.

According to SC the 9 speaker locations are as follows:
FWD doors - 2 6" mid-range on each door (total 4)

However, I can locate only one speaker on each FWD, not two...

Can someone confirm that there are no speakers in the rear hatch and no audio for the 3rd row and there is indeed a total of 4 speakers (where?) on the FWDs?

I can't imagine for the vehicle with this price range there are no speakers for the 3rd row ?!?

Thanks!

Need help from MX owners with the standard audio package (Not with the ultra high fidelity sound package). Mine is a month old MX (Sept. 2016 production AP 1.0 :-( )

I have no audio in the last row (3rd row) seating and wanted to find out if this is normal with the standard package. As we all know, the standard audio on MX has 9 speakers. According to my DES and info from various forums, here is how the 9 speakers are supposed to be located:

FWD doors - 2 6" mid-range (total 2)
rear trunk - 2 3" mid-range (total 2)
Total (9 speakers).

However, when I adjust the sound field to the rear of the car I don't hear anything from the last row seats from the rear hatch/trunk. (Touch the equalizer button on the audio menu (located on the right with 3 band equalizer icon) and adjust the sound field all the way back to output the audio to the rear (touch and move the circle on the left side, all the way back (tested center, right and left positions)).

I reported this issue along with several others when I dropped the car with the local SC for fixes, and when I picked the car, SC came back saying that there are no speakers on the rear trunk for the standard package !?! This conflicts with the info provided by my DES.

According to SC the 9 speaker locations are as follows:
FWD doors - 2 6" mid-range on each door (total 4)

However, I can locate only one speaker on each FWD, not two...

Can someone confirm that there are no speakers in the rear hatch and no audio for the 3rd row and there is indeed a total of 4 speakers (where?) on the FWDs?

I can't imagine for the vehicle with this price range there are no speakers for the 3rd row ?!?

Thanks!

This is from a standard audio system. 2 speakers per falcon door, each door has a 6" round midbass and 30mm fabric dome tweeter.
IMG_20161117_005321.jpg