Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Star Trek: Picard

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"On Wednesday, April 19, ten participating Imax theaters in the U.S. will provide an early screening of the last two episodes of the third and final season, including the series finale, ahead of its Paramount+ debut on Thursday, April 20.

Tickets to the screenings are free and fans can sign up and register at Star Trek: Picard - The IMAX® Live Series Finale Event Page on Wednesday, April 12, at 10 a.m. PT/1 p.m. ET. The exclusive screening event will take place at 10 participating Imax theaters in Los Angeles, New York, Phoenix, San Francisco, Seattle, Orlando, Washington, D.C., Atlanta and Dallas."

The message you get now is a bit confusing/misleading (I tried a couple different zip codes near/in those cities). You may need to wait until 10 am PT to try.
No screenings in Seattle. Location information is not accurate.

Wow! Really enjoyed ep 10!

I'm holding off on spoilers, for now.

We didn't watch until this evening. It was a better end then I predicted.

I was more referring to the cast. They are starting to get really “long in the tooth” for another mini season return, like “Picard”.

Patrick Stewart is 82, but he's healthy and working. At 80 my father was able to out hike me. He worked another 5 years and only retired because my mother couldn't keep the books anymore.

Most of the cast are in their 60s or early 70s which isn't that old anymore. All of them have been working steadily the last few years. Jonathan Frakes works more behind the camera than on it these days. He's been directing a lot of ST episodes the last few years.

If you look at their IMDB profiles all of them keep busy.

Their days of heavy physical roles is probably coming to an end, but there are plenty of roles, even in the ST universe for roles that aren't physically taxing. If Picard is spun off into a new series in the same time frame I could see the STNG actors coming back from time to time for day work.

Picard was created in the first place as an attempt to save CBS All Access, which became Paramount+. The streaming service was not doing well and Discovery, which was the flagship program was not very popular the first couple of seasons. Discovery has found its way now, but it was floundering. Bringing back Picard in a new series was a way to draw in viewers.

Reactions: jebinc
I heard about
. Am starting to watch it. I wonder if it'll get taken down. If it disappears, it was "Star Trek Picard Series Finale IMAX Q&A, 4/19/2023".

Someone at my work went to the SF IMAX showing and she said that popcorn and drinks were included. Someone in a Trek FB group posted a vertical video (probably taken by them) showing the cast entering the theater passing thru metal detectors.

Last edited:
Reactions: wdolson
We didn't watch until this evening. It was a better end then I predicted.

Patrick Stewart is 82, but he's healthy and working. At 80 my father was able to out hike me. He worked another 5 years and only retired because my mother couldn't keep the books anymore.

Most of the cast are in their 60s or early 70s which isn't that old anymore. All of them have been working steadily the last few years. Jonathan Frakes works more behind the camera than on it these days. He's been directing a lot of ST episodes the last few years.

If you look at their IMDB profiles all of them keep busy.

Their days of heavy physical roles is probably coming to an end, but there are plenty of roles, even in the ST universe for roles that aren't physically taxing. If Picard is spun off into a new series in the same time frame I could see the STNG actors coming back from time to time for day work.

Picard was created in the first place as an attempt to save CBS All Access, which became Paramount+. The streaming service was not doing well and Discovery, which was the flagship program was not very popular the first couple of seasons. Discovery has found its way now, but it was floundering. Bringing back Picard in a new series was a way to draw in viewers.
My father is 92 and in good shape - but not "Working". If the cast is still planning to work, and "Picard" was highly reviewed, why not a fourth and fifth season?

My father is 92 and in good shape - but not "Working". If the cast is still planning to work, and "Picard" was highly reviewed, why not a fourth and fifth season?

Patrick Stewart only signed on for three seasons. Looking on IMDB most of the TNG cast have full dance cards, most looks like one off and voice work. With the residuals from TNG royalties probably all of them are fairly comfortable financially. Patrick Stewart and Jonathan Frakes are probably especially well off. Stewart has continued to do a lot of work since TNG and Frakes is a popular director in the ST franchise.

Doing a series is a grind for a couple of months minimum (for a 10 episode season like Picard). They may not want to do that.

There are rumors of a spin off show coming out of this focused on different characters than the old Enterprise crew, but in a show set in the same timeline, the old Enterprise crew could show up for an episode here and there.

I heard about
. Am starting to watch it. I wonder if it'll get taken down. If it disappears, it was "Star Trek Picard Series Finale IMAX Q&A, 4/19/2023".

Someone at my work went to the SF IMAX showing and she said that popcorn and drinks were included. Someone in a Trek FB group posted a vertical video (probably taken by them) showing the cast entering the theater passing thru metal detectors.
Unfortunately, it's been taken down.