Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stardew Valley

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Y'all don't game much, I'm thinking. I searched for "Stardew" and came up with two posts.

I'm enjoying playing this during lunch (Yes! I eat in the car!) and I'm hoping someone has figured out...

How the blazes do you catch a fish? I've been on YouTube game guides, and as far as I can tell, the "Hit" bar is not appearing. I am hitting the A and X buttons correctly, I think, but since the hit bar (battle bar?) is not appearing after a fish bites, I can't land one.

Cute game, I sure couldn't have it at home, I'd get nothing done.

Y'all don't game much, I'm thinking. I searched for "Stardew" and came up with two posts.

I'm enjoying playing this during lunch (Yes! I eat in the car!) and I'm hoping someone has figured out...

How the blazes do you catch a fish? I've been on YouTube game guides, and as far as I can tell, the "Hit" bar is not appearing. I am hitting the A and X buttons correctly, I think, but since the hit bar (battle bar?) is not appearing after a fish bites, I can't land one.

Cute game, I sure couldn't have it at home, I'd get nothing done.
Just google for it, this is surely answered by actual Stardew Valley fan sites.

Edit: first link on Google: Fishing

Ok sorry. I haven't messed around with any of the in-car games yet, figured they would be exactly like on any other platform. Are you using the touch screen interface or a controller?
When I started seeing videos of the PC version, I was surprised at the differences also. And, I’m even more intrigued upon learning the original was written in C sharp, and now apparently is ported to a Linux machine. I don’t think that’s easy.

Anyhow, I’m using a controller. But I’m not even able to get to the point where I try to catch the fish, because the battle bar never appears once the fish hits. Casting works, it’s the catching part that seems broken.

Reactions: APotatoGod
My son is playing Stardew Valley on the Tesla for quite some time and has gathered some achievements. Now I am asking myself if there is a way to transfer the saved game from the Tesla to another platform, preferably Android, and vice versa.

I've wondered this too but haven't done any research. I get the feeling this port is local only, but if you find out, can you let me know?

Edit: And, can you ask him if he's got fishing to work? :)

For fishing you need a fishing rod, the sailor have him one.

Position yourself near a water, take the rod from the inventory.
Tap at your avatar and hold until the bar appears and becomes green, then release.
Throw.jpg Max.jpg
After a time the rod starts to tremble, hit the float at the right time, a new vertical bar appears:
adjust.jpg
Tap and release the bar to keep the green area behind the fish until the right side column is filled to the top.

When successful the fish is caught:
Fish.jpg

harhar now all the stardew nerds come out.

i would play it in the tesla but unfortunately theres no way to transfer savegames to the pc afaik.

I find it a pleasant way to spend the lunch hour.

Also unfortunate: I still can’t get the battle bar to come up while fishing, using my controller. It could be the controller, as the vibrate doesn’t work quite right either. Can you see if you can make it work?

Whenever I offer advice about a Model X I get told to shut up, and people say how tired they are of Model 3 owners thinking their car might be anything like their precious gull winged-wonders.

But you’ve asked :)

First of all, if you have Stardew Valley, it will be in the Entertainment area.

Second, you will want a controller, although you *can* play using the touch screen. It gets awkward reaching over to the screen pretty quick. Any cheap PC controller should do well enough (don’t accidentally get an Xbox controller).

Third, make sure you have extra time on your hands. The pace is leisurely and the universe is huge.

Whenever I offer advice about a Model X I get told to shut up, and people say how tired they are of Model 3 owners thinking their car might be anything like their precious gull winged-wonders.

Second, you will want a controller, although you *can* play using the touch screen. It gets awkward reaching over to the screen pretty quick. Any cheap PC controller should do well enough (don’t accidentally get an Xbox controller).

Third, make sure you have extra time on your hands. The pace is leisurely and the universe is huge.

Thanks for the info. I’m prettty sure I don’t have it, but I’ll check when I get home tomorrow. Too bad, it sounds like a great way to kill time supercharging!

My wife and I prefer the Xbox controller, I can't seem to get fishing to work but she does it wit the touch screen

Reactions: Puddles
The wife and I are thoroughly enjoying this game, and we play on the PS4 controller when it's working. I also have a USB issue since HW 3.0.

Does anyone know if Ginger Island is accessible? It seems that I should have gotten the invitation from Willy to repair the boat already. I have completed the community center questline 100%

Does anyone know if Ginger island is included in the Tesla version?