Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Starlink at Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Wennfred

Supporting Member
Apr 4, 2019
San Diego
Went to a local supercharger here in Chula Vista Ca. To try the Starlink and no go, seems this one is for Service only and is password protected. The info box does show the wifi icon as posted in the picture, I tried my password for Tesla and my Starlink password as well. Let me know if you have had success locking into Starlink Wifi where you are at.

39CEDDCE-BEFB-4463-86E9-C06519AFB2F3.jpeg

5A73A8AE-E6CA-4886-B64E-733A0FAFADB3.jpeg

49361F0E-444C-4C08-92A4-1D6BDCF1852E.jpeg

E524DDCC-65E6-45B7-AFC3-B46EF74BF3E5.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: KenC and DblOSmith
I’m thinking that it might be active out in the middle of nowhere, where the Cell Signal is limited. But the cool part is that any given station can show as being offline and Tesla support can get right to them faster.

In Sept we stopped at the Lexington Ky SCer and were chatting with another charger and he point out the StarLink dish and said he was downloading an update while charging. He had just moved into a new house the day before and hadn't had a chance to get his internet up or his HPWC installed.

Reactions: Wennfred
This already was a thread:

The Starlink connectivity is only for your Tesla, it connects like it does at a service center, w/o user password entry, it's built into the car. So you cannot use it to connect your phone.

Last edited: