Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Starlink in place of 4g cell

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if future cars will use Starlink for connectivity?
Could be a win-win with cheaper and higher speeds for consumer and the money going to Tesla Inc.
If so, I kinda doubt existing cars could be retrofitted cost effectively but what do i know....

Haven't seen the dish, have they disclosed?

About the size of a medium to large pizza box. I can't see in cars for a while(years from now). Maybe an accessory for an off grid Cyber Truck.

While I am in the current proposed service area I am not in need of an in motion satellite receiver/transmitter. Hope I can move it from place to place and have easy and short uplink and downlink establishment. From what I am hearing for its disaster area help this sounds possible.

About the size of a medium to large pizza box. I can't see in cars for a while(years from now). Maybe an accessory for an off grid Cyber Truck.

While I am in the current proposed service area I am not in need of an in motion satellite receiver/transmitter. Hope I can move it from place to place and have easy and short uplink and downlink establishment. From what I am hearing for its disaster area help this sounds possible.
OK hadn't read about the receiver requirements, thanks for the info, although likely won't be a good fit for me either, I am very interested to know more about the service.

Way too expensive (for now) and latent for any realtime autonomy-focused applications. The future of connected cars is terrestrial 5G, not satellites.
I suppose that makes sense, I was thinking it was the same company but of course its not and even if they wanted to, by positioning themselves as a utility I doubt they would be able to do some preferential for Tesla...

Reactions: Eric M