Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

State of FSD Beta request for HW3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apparently Tesla's internal communications are not much better than external.

There is no longer a safety score requirement to have FSDb. If you have a software version that has FSDb included (any recent 2023.20.x version), then subscribing to FSD should immediately give you the ability to enable FSDb on the car.
How exactly do you determine if you have FSDb vs FSD? For example, I had some points from a few referrals, and used some points to enable FSD subscription for at least 30 days on Monday. We have a MY LR delivered on 3/30/2023 with HW3. When I enabled the FSD subscription, I saw a third tab in the UI for FSD (beta) - went to that tab - had to agree to T&Cs and acknowlege a checkbox to enable FSD beta and to provide feedback when disengaging FSD immediately after the intervention - after which I was able to then use FSD. I have 11.3.6 on 2023.26.7. Whenever I did intercede after going through this process and starting to use FSD - I was immediately prompted to record a description of what happened and why I intervened and stopped FSD midstream. Does this mean I'm using FSDb? Or "only" FSD? Not sure how to tell.

I asked a couple of friends of mine who are long time Tesla owners - and they seemed to indicate that I had to request access to FSDb, and would be subject to a safety score analysis prior to receiving an invite - but I don't see anywhere in the UI to request to be a part of FSDb - so I'm wondering if, as you said, since I already had the required software version (2023.26.7) when I initially enabled FSD - that I've actually already enabled FSDb?

Last edited:
How exactly do you determine if you have FSDb vs FSD? For example, I had some points from a few referrals, and used some points to enable FSD subscription for at least 30 days on Monday. We have a MY LR delivered on 3/30/2023 with HW3. When I enabled the FSD subscription, I saw a third tab in the UI for FSD - went to that tab - had to agree to T&Cs and acknowlege a checkbox to enable FSD and to provide feedback when disengaging FSD immediately after the intervention - after which I was able to then use FSD. I have 11.3.6 on 2023.26.7. Whenever I did intercede - I was immediately prompted to record a description of what happened and why I intervened and stopped FSD midstream. Does this mean I'm using FSDb? Or "only" FSD? Not sure how to tell.
That is FSD Beta. If the car can steer itself on City Streets, it's FSDB.

Reactions: HitchHiker71
That is FSD Beta. If the car can steer itself on City Streets, it's FSDB.
Is that how I can tell? Should I see "Autosteer on City Streets - beta" or something similar somewhere in the UI as a toggle option ? I don't recall seeing this, which is why I'm asking. I did see the option to toggle "Traffic and stop sign beta" for example. Just trying to determine if I'm actually using FSDb or not based upon what I see in the UI - I'm assuming there's a way to determine this - but as a FSD newbie - I'm not sure. Thanks for any help!

Is that how I can tell? Should I see "Autosteer on City Streets - beta" or something similar somewhere in the UI as a toggle option ? I don't recall seeing this, which is why I'm asking. I did see the option to toggle "Traffic and stop sign beta" for example. Just trying to determine if I'm actually using FSDb or not based upon what I see in the UI - I'm assuming there's a way to determine this - but as a FSD newbie - I'm not sure. Thanks for any help!
In your Autopilot menu, there should be 3 Tabs. If you can activate the 3rd Table (Full-Self Driving Beta), then you have it.

Reactions: HitchHiker71