Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stats app and Apple Watch series 4 users. Feedback

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi guys anyone with a series 4 Apple Watch use the stats app please chime in your experience. I have a series 3 Apple Watch and the watch is PAINFULLY slow. It’s not even worth using because it takes 45 seconds just to unlock the trunk and stuff.

Can anyone speak about their experience using the series 4 Apple Watch. Is it fast and useable? I’m asking cause I would like to upgrade my series 3 to a 5.

hi guys anyone with a series 4 Apple Watch use the stats app please chime in your experience. I have a series 3 Apple Watch and the watch is PAINFULLY slow. It’s not even worth using because it takes 45 seconds just to unlock the trunk and stuff.

Can anyone speak about their experience using the series 4 Apple Watch. Is it fast and useable? I’m asking cause I would like to upgrade my series 3 to a 5.
let's tweet Elon to make Tesla App compatible to Apple Watch.

I have a Series 4 and find Stats useless for unlocking the car. I think it's a combination of waiting around for the car to wake up and not always having a strong cellular or wifi connection. It can take 20 seconds or longer so I stopped using it.

The car uses bluetooth to unlock why would a weak cellular or wifi connection matter?

I recently got a series 5 and more recently installed Stats on it. In my one attempt to unlock the doors it worked quickly. It connected quickly and unlocked as soon as I hit the button. The time consuming part is scrolling though the apps to get to stats, then scrolling down to get to unlock.

The car uses bluetooth to unlock why would a weak cellular or wifi connection matter?

The car only uses Bluetooth when your phone is nearby. I’m talking about if you don’t have your phone with you and want to unlock your car using the app on your Apple Watch. It is using an API over the internet to send an unlock command, similar to if you were using the app on your phone and wanted to unlock the car from a long distance away. The car and the watch both have to have a strong wifi or cellular signal for it to work.

The car only uses Bluetooth when your phone is nearby. I’m talking about if you don’t have your phone with you and want to unlock your car using the app on your Apple Watch. It is using an API over the internet to send an unlock command, similar to if you were using the app on your phone and wanted to unlock the car from a long distance away. The car and the watch both have to have a strong wifi or cellular signal for it to work.

Ah, yeah. I guess I never really saw the point since you cant drive without your phone or a keycard. I suppose there are use cases but, it sounds very few.

Ah, yeah. I guess I never really saw the point since you cant drive without your phone or a keycard. I suppose there are use cases but, it sounds very few.
It comes in handy when you want to get something out of your car in the garage, but your phone is inside on the counter. I read on some M3 group that someone was able to drive the car with the watch alone, but I never saw what app they were using.

I tire of poking the ‘open frunk’ button, often several times, with delayed onscreen feedback which leaves me stewing at my phone outside the local shops like a bIt of a d*ckhead. If it was slow amd I knew a quick press at the tills would mean it’s open when I get there it would be fine but it’s too haphazard to be useable or fun. Siri Shortcuts of any fashion have left me looking similarly stupid. I need to force myself to experiment with it in private instead of in a busy car park!