Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stealth Model 3 still wanted?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You car on order WILL have track mode...

Not sure we've seen anyone take delivery of a P3D- since they changed the website to now list TM as a specific feature of the PUP.

It's probably just Tesla once again being terrible at websites, but we don't know that for sure... (remember folks were originally convinced the car being the same price with/without PUP was a website mistake too- and it wasn't)

people only bought the stealth because it was cheaper and to save money. Since it's the same price as a P3D+ now, I'm sure the stealth is no longer being snatched up.

I didn’t buy a Stealth because it was Cheaper.

I didn’t want bent rims.
I didn’t want to run 20” snow tires.
I didn’t want to lose range.
I didn’t want to be limited on tire choice.
I didn’t want to be limited on low tread life tires.
I didn’t want to be limited to very expensive 20” tires.

Cheaper was just a bonus. So was free super charging at the time.

But I bought exactly what I wanted.

Reactions: Tomc62
I didn’t buy a Stealth because it was Cheaper.

I didn’t want bent rims.
I didn’t want to run 20” snow tires.
I didn’t want to lose range.
I didn’t want to be limited on tire choice.
I didn’t want to be limited on low tread life tires.
I didn’t want to be limited to very expensive 20” tires.

Cheaper was just a bonus. So was free super charging at the time.

But I bought exactly what I wanted.
Bent rims is a bit overblown. Curious if you would still buy the Stealth right now at the same price of the pup?

Not necessarily, some people don't want a lowered car or low profile tires. I'd want a stealth but I won't pay the same price as the Performance that they want now. That's why I'm just going to keep my Acceleration Boosted dual motor for now.
This is why I bought my Stealth. I could have gone full performance but I didn't want the rougher ride of 20" wheels and lowered, stiffer suspension in my daily driver with an 85 mile daily commute. Nor did I want to deal with having to immediately swap the summer tires out for winters on my December delivery day.

Most definitely.

The only question is what premium they're willing to pay over the AWD especially when I believe you can get acceleration boost for the AWD. It might be pretty decent as you can't get track mode with the normal AWD.

So I could see there being demand for the Stealth P3D.

I do think we'll see a slight depreciation hit with used Model 3's as a small percentage of Model 3 owners move from the 3 to the Y.

Most definitely.

The only question is what premium they're willing to pay over the AWD especially when I believe you can get acceleration boost for the AWD. It might be pretty decent as you can't get track mode with the normal AWD.

So I could see there being demand for the Stealth P3D.

I do think we'll see a slight depreciation hit with used Model 3's as a small percentage of Model 3 owners move from the 3 to the Y.
Yeah I have the track mode and amateur testing shows ~3 seconds 0-60 with aeros.
Everyone has their wants and needs so I get the diversity. I love the car I just need something bigger as a family man!