Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stealth Performance is now standard for the P model

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stealth performance is now the standard option.
Just like the Y if you want the performance package it is now a no cost option.

Those lucky enough to own a stealth performance just saved $8000.00

Love this! By my calculation (this morning), my 7/19 build, 9/19 acquired Stealth would now cost nearly $65k as optioned vs the $58k we paid in 3Q19 and not including the now defunct nearly $2k federal rebate (sadly—no state incentives in IL) for a total net-effective cost increase to the consumer of nearly $9,000!

For those buying today, I’m sorry—however rest assured that the car is still worth every penny....it truly is a remarkable feat of engineering and technology. Enjoy!

So why would anyone not opt for the no cost performance upgrades?

And are there still stealth performance models floating around out there for just $2k more than the LR AWD? I know they don't advertise those, but if I bought a P now for $8k more and didn't take the wheels, etc., and then found out that at the same time Tesla is selling the same car for $6k cheaper if you know to ask for a stealth P, I'd be really pissed.

And are there still stealth performance models floating around out there for just $2k more than the LR AWD? I know they don't advertise those, but if I bought a P now for $8k more and didn't take the wheels, etc., and then found out that at the same time Tesla is selling the same car for $6k cheaper if you know to ask for a stealth P, I'd be really pissed.
The 20" wheels are very fragile and the ride quality is somewhat reduced.

Reactions: MacGreiner

When my M3P+ arrives, the first thing I do is buy a set of 18" wheels, tires, and TPMS's. Then I buy a set of real track rims (wider) and tires. Then upgrade the pads and fluid. Then add some camber.

Then sell the 20's.

Last edited:
When my M3P+ arrives, the first thing I do is buy a set of 18" wheels, tires, and TPMS's. Then I buy a set of real track rims (wider) and tires. Then upgrade the pads and fluid. Then add some camber.

Then sell the 20's.

Yeah, I agree with this. That's exactly what I would do if I was going to be charged the same amount for stealth vs the full performance. (that is if the website isn't a mistake and both are going to remain the same price)

• Disagree
Reactions: jfinephilly