Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Accessory Time!!!!! I’m not a wood guy and I found a good plastic dash cover and it’s great. Then a matte glass cover for the screen and I’m done....I promise. Fingers crossed.

69939D4C-DD1C-439A-9833-D07D30BCB07B.jpegD21B4117-BA34-4540-AD5A-BD56FD83150F.jpegC7EFA3E1-6CD1-45C7-BCEF-E078A4BA9738.jpeg

Very nice! Did you do any cover for the piano black console? Any plans for tint or PPF?
I think I’m good with the piano black but now I’m thinking about aluminum pedals. Tint later and no PPF this time around. I got it on my X and this is not as serious. Also, don’t be so quick to put PPF on it as the paint has to release all of the gases and these cars are too new to wrap. You can accelerate the issue by parking in direct sunlight and crack your windows so the new plastics don’t fog your windows. Just a suggestion from a semi-pro detailer (worked PDI at a Toyota dealership in undergrad).

Reactions: StealthP3D
I think I’m good with the piano black but now I’m thinking about aluminum pedals. Tint later and no PPF this time around. I got it on my X and this is not as serious. Also, don’t be so quick to put PPF on it as the paint has to release all of the gases and these cars are too new to wrap. You can accelerate the issue by parking in direct sunlight and crack your windows so the new plastics don’t fog your windows. Just a suggestion from a semi-pro detailer (worked PDI at a Toyota dealership in undergrad).
I think you should share Tesla specific do’s and don’t as it relates to detailing on an upcoming YT episode.

Windshield? What a buzzkill :/ Let us know what you learn regarding cost estimates, insurance, etc. Maybe insurance will help you out? I signed up with Tesla Insurance.
The guy at SafeLite was awesome he had not seen a Y before and I begged him to be careful because it was only two days old. He was so careful and he laid a thick rug on the hood and used the Y to quickly train some new workers and I was gone in less than 30 minutes. $88 without an insurance claim. You can barely see the nick in the glass. Talk about close call! I’m just trying to make it to Friday so I can do my decontamination and detail cleaning.

• Love
Reactions: bayol
After a whirlwind nightmare and post threat from Tesla to cancel my order, finally took delivery.

Only 2 issues, plastic bottom trim around some of the wheels not snapped in straight or snap is broken.
31E5C265-E9D0-4157-99CB-2A86B5201640.jpeg

Other is door bottom alignment with trim front and back aren’t even, recessed a bit.Would just fix the trim myself and ignore the doors if I didn’t have kids that would use it for a step.
B5B13469-CEC4-483E-AC62-5E8E78627B4A.jpeg

Worth the wait though the Tesla process of purchasing and delivery has definitely gone down hill over the past 3 years.

Hate to possibly bring bad news, but...

Up until two weeks ago, we were receiving texts and SA emails that order was still being honored.

But, this morning, after 11 weeks of waiting for our Stealth, SA and Tesla told me they are not filling orders for Stealth at this time. They didn't rule out making them again in the future, but said that currently no Stealth orders are being matched with VIN's.

We ended up changing to LR, Inductions - not interested in Ubers or lowered suspension.

If your order is older, you may want to follow up with your SA for confirmation.

• Informative
Reactions: thisisdiddy
Hate to possibly bring bad news, but...

Up until two weeks ago, we were receiving texts and SA emails that order was still being honored.

But, this morning, after 11 weeks of waiting for our Stealth, SA and Tesla told me they are not filling orders for Stealth at this time. They didn't rule out making them again in the future, but said that currently no Stealth orders are being matched with VIN's.

We ended up changing to LR, Inductions - not interested in Ubers or lowered suspension.

If your order is older, you may want to follow up with your SA for confirmation.
Wow!!!

10 days ago I received a call that my Stealth Y would be delivered by end of month. But no update since. I have a Blue / Black with 20" inductions on order. Starting to believe I won't receive by month end, as my wife received a delivery date for her White / White LR AWD.

I am still waiting as well. Black with black interior. I ordered in Feb but had to defer back in June and was told I would get delivery by end of September. I am wondering if they will ever make it and if I should change my order.

I wish they'd tell me definitely one way or the other but no one seems to know anything.

If they won't make this version anymore I will switch to a performance with PUP and buy or trade new wheels. But I'd definitely prefer the non PUP performance.

Frustrating!