Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steam integration for Model S built after Feb 2022 only?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have played Witcher 3, Cyberpunk, Hollow Knight, and Portal on it. Generally fine although not the same experience as on my 4090 (as you would expect). I had to reduce some settings on Witcher as I had everything maxed from my home PC. Have yet to try some other games. But it works about as you would expect a steam deck to work.

That said… it’s not that impactful really. Unless you are frequently waiting in your car parked, you don’t end up using it much if at all. I could see it being more meaningful if you supercharge a lot or if you have to wait while your kid is in dance practice or something.
Sounds like you are a Steam power user, at least compared to me. I've done a little Witcher 3, but lastest updates don't work with my PS 5 controller, the one Tesla recommended.

Skyforce is more my skill set, close to Asteroids, since departed from the game selection.

Which games of the ones you mentioned is good for short plays, and can you load more than one without a SSD?

Sounds like you are a Steam power user, at least compared to me. I've done a little Witcher 3, but lastest updates don't work with my PS 5 controller, the one Tesla recommended.

Skyforce is more my skill set, close to Asteroids, since departed from the game selection.

Which games of the ones you mentioned is good for short plays, and can you load more than one without a SSD?
Yeah I am using a usb-c wired Xbox series s controller.

None of those are great for short play (except maybe Portal) and thus they are kind of unsuited for play in the car. Witcher and cyberpunk do allow save anytime unlike, say, Elden Ring. But I agree, wuick pick up and play games like Sky Force are better suited to the car.

Steam has many such games as well but given that I gravitate towards big open world games I don’t have many in my account.

the big games are 50 Gb+ so you really need the SSD.

The other game I have on the car include Elden ring, Deathloop, Spider man, etc. haven’t tried those yet.

I’d think casual games like castle crashers, vampire survivors, limbo, etc would be better for the car really.

Yeah I am using a usb-c wired Xbox series s controller.

None of those are great for short play (except maybe Portal) and thus they are kind of unsuited for play in the car. Witcher and cyberpunk do allow save anytime unlike, say, Elden Ring. But I agree, wuick pick up and play games like Sky Force are better suited to the car.

Steam has many such games as well but given that I gravitate towards big open world games I don’t have many in my account.

the big games are 50 Gb+ so you really need the SSD.

The other game I have on the car include Elden ring, Deathloop, Spider man, etc. haven’t tried those yet.

I’d think casual games like castle crashers, vampire survivors, limbo, etc would be better for the car really.
You would think so. Vampire Survivors has some pretty atrocious input latency, so I'd not recommend it in the car. Seems like the kind of game Tesla would have figured out how to include on all Teslas, actually.

I doubt this will amount to anything, but I’m taking some of the points of this thread and sent it off to resolutions@tesla.com, which they request with a 60 day period to attempt to resolve it before arbitration / legal disputes.

Next step, legal dispute.

Attachments

• DEB5DD07-A8BA-47E2-A9D2-FADE4683AB68.png
    DEB5DD07-A8BA-47E2-A9D2-FADE4683AB68.png
    535.2 KB · Views: 132
  • 604D7523-1930-401C-AB2B-27E75F500AA7.png
    604D7523-1930-401C-AB2B-27E75F500AA7.png
    488.8 KB · Views: 91
  • 21A4D1DA-82F1-4692-86FF-AC2BAB5CDB06.jpeg
    21A4D1DA-82F1-4692-86FF-AC2BAB5CDB06.jpeg
    198 KB · Views: 84
  • C6009F07-DC34-4E5C-AEAE-A6A1ED1713C2.jpeg
    C6009F07-DC34-4E5C-AEAE-A6A1ED1713C2.jpeg
    287.9 KB · Views: 91
They’ve got no idea, clearly. Your case is most unusual…
In the end it was really unusual.

car computer had 16gb but was defective and kept being at 100% memory usage which caused a lot of other problems like sluggishness.

So they did replace the defective computer for another one and now its running much smoother and has steam

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it possible to participate?
Yes you can join.
We are now at case investigation status.

I fill out an inquiry form in classaction.org.
One of the law firm contacted me asking for detail information. Will DM you the contact info