Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steer by wire, dead battery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let's not forget that all modern airplanes use steer-by-wire. They don't seem to have any issues with it.
There is an oversight organization called the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). They are responsible of ensuring the safety of aircraft. There are TWO inputs on airplane – with multiple sensors. There is only ONE input on the cybertruck. This is why it's so worrying. Even if you had 5 sensors on 1 input, you still only have... well, one input. Where on the aircraft, you always have a redundancy at the VERY beginning of the sequence. The second set of control acts as a secondary input data. Plus, let's say everything fails, a pilot can do a lot using trim controls, hydraulic control, and whatnot. They won't miss "a curve'". They will have time to study what's happening, and proceed with the best possible course of action.

If your Cybertruck's control fail, you might go down a canyon, or hit a semi head on. There is no time to evaluate the best course of action. It will simply fail.

Reactions: gottagofast
There is an oversight organization called the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). They are responsible of ensuring the safety of aircraft. There are TWO inputs on airplane – with multiple sensors. There is only ONE input on the cybertruck. This is why it's so worrying. Even if you had 5 sensors on 1 input, you still only have... well, one input. Where on the aircraft, you always have a redundancy at the VERY beginning of the sequence. The second set of control acts as a secondary input data. Plus, let's say everything fails, a pilot can do a lot using trim controls, hydraulic control, and whatnot. They won't miss "a curve'". They will have time to study what's happening, and proceed with the best possible course of action.

If your Cybertruck's control fail, you might go down a canyon, or hit a semi head on. There is no time to evaluate the best course of action. It will simply fail.
Don’t know if it’s possible but I’ll never have a steer by wire vehicle unless it has a mechanical back up, even if the mechanical part doesn’t have full control but just enough to let you pull over

Don’t know if it’s possible but I’ll never have a steer by wire vehicle unless it has a mechanical back up, even if the mechanical part doesn’t have full control but just enough to let you pull over
I'll be good with it after it has a long track record. In service hours will make a believer out of me. It's the only reason I trust airlines. Trust me - it isn't because of the Government.

Reactions: Daniel in SD