Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering Unit replacement.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We took our Model 3 in for various delivery day issues and I get a call from Tesla saying they can’t release the car back to me until they replace the steering control unit. They don’t have a timeline of when the part will arrive and now I am just waiting for a resolution.

Has anyone else had their car recalled for this issue?

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
We took our Model 3 in for various delivery day issues and I get a call from Tesla saying they can’t release the car back to me until they replace the steering control unit. They don’t have a timeline of when the part will arrive and now I am just waiting for a resolution.

Do,you have a low VIN? Sorry for the mishap. Hope you get a sweet loaner.

I believe Ben Sullins (who runs the teslanomics YouTube channel) also had an urgent “recall” to have something sterling related replaced.

I've seen this a few times now (take the car in and they can't give it back to you). It appears it has something to do with the PRND stalk - sometimes not truly going into Park. From what I understand, they have to replace the whole stalk and it may be a recall issue once they have the parts in.
Don't quote me on it...i don't have the car yet.