Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering wheel pulls while FSD beta not engaged

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2020 MX and recently installed FSD beta. When I am driving manually (no Autopilot or FSD beta) I occasionally feel a tug on the steering wheel. I have not loosened my grip to explore what happens for safety reasons. Could this be potentially dangerous and steer the car into another lane or is it just a new way Tesla is testing that my hands are on the wheel?
I know that I am not in TACC, because if I let the car drift, it will cross, the white lane line without any correction. Please advise. Thank you.

I have a 2020 MX and recently installed FSD beta. When I am driving manually (no Autopilot or FSD beta) I occasionally feel a tug on the steering wheel. I have not loosened my grip to explore what happens for safety reasons. Could this be potentially dangerous and steer the car into another lane or is it just a new way Tesla is testing that my hands are on the wheel?
I know that I am not in TACC, because if I let the car drift, it will cross, the white lane line without any correction. Please advise. Thank you.
The car will auto-correct if it thinks you are drifting out of the lane and possibly hit something, even when auto-steer or TACC is not engaged. It's a safety thing. When it happens to me, it is always an alarm condition, popping a message about "applying corrective action" or similar message.

Upvote 0