TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Sterling Silver Roadster Available

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by rsanders, Apr 17, 2009.

1. rsanders

rsanders New Member

I purchased my Tesla starting 3 years ago with the downpayment. I took delivery last Saturday. My car is a wonder to drive, and quite impressive in performance and style. However, I purchased it without actually seeing it (dumb, I know), and I'm a big guy who can't easily fit in the Roadster when the top (carbon fiber) is on. I can get in fine with the top off, but here in Florida in the summer, that's just not a great idea. And I need a little more room for the family.

Anyway, that brings me, unfortunately, to the place where I think it's wise for me to sell the car. It has less that 100 miles on it (I had to drive it !). If I could afford to keep it under wraps and only take it out for a spin on a nice day, I would.

I'm not looking to make money on it, just to get what I have out of it. They upped the price and with Florida sales tax, I have $136,500 in it. I will sell it with clear title since I paid cash for it.

If anyone knows of someone who might be interested, please forward this information to them. It is garaged in Saint Petersburg, FL.

Inquiries can be sent to [email protected]

Thanks!

2. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

#2 doug, Apr 17, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
    How about some pics, including the VIN.

Please :biggrin:

3. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

I thought the car was fine for tall people. Isn't Martin 6'+?

4. Tdave

Tdave Member

He said he's a "big guy", so I guess it would be useful to find out what that means to him.

I'm 6'2" 180 lbs, so tall and thin/fit, and I fit just fine. Fitting was a worry for me, and I was relieved. I found the Roadster quite comfortable.

5. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

CF top?

6. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

all the tops are CF.

7. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

True, It just seems if you specify a CF top it implies a CF finish.

8. graham

graham Active Member

I am 6'4" - and I fit in the Roadster okay... but getting in and out (and especially when the top is on) can be a humbling experience. Heaven forbid you have the top on and someone is parked next to you so you can't open the door wide. It is a reasonable complaint for rsanders.

9. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Your body shape has something to do with fit as well.
    If you have really long legs but short torso then you may find your legs don't fit to the pedals so well. On the other hand if you have short legs and a tall torso you can have head problems with the top. Some over 6' can be OK if they have "average proportions", but if you have extra long legs or extra long torso you could have issues with fit.

10. Tdave

Tdave Member

TEG, good points. Also consider that there's no clutch work necessary, relieving some of the footwell requirements. My 35" inseam long legs fit fine (just barely) in the Roadster, but they wouldn't if I needed to perform heel-and-toe footwork.

11. DaveD

DaveD EVs Kick Gas!

I interpret this to be Bob's way to distinguish hard vs. soft tops.

CF that shows the (unpainted) CF woven material is typically referred to as "exposed carbon fiber".

12. rsanders

rsanders New Member

I should clarify

I fit just fine when I'm actually in the car. Roof on as well. But the getting in and out is a little bit comical and involves quite an effort when the top is on. I've perfected the slide in when the top is off. I'm 6'2" and nearly 280. It's a tough fit.

The Roadster is #287, VIN 5YJRE11BX81000287. I'll get some pictures today.

13. rsanders

rsanders New Member

Additional photos

A few more photos

Attached Files: