Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sterling Silver Roadster Available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

rsanders

Apr 17, 2009
I purchased my Tesla starting 3 years ago with the downpayment. I took delivery last Saturday. My car is a wonder to drive, and quite impressive in performance and style. However, I purchased it without actually seeing it (dumb, I know), and I'm a big guy who can't easily fit in the Roadster when the top (carbon fiber) is on. I can get in fine with the top off, but here in Florida in the summer, that's just not a great idea. And I need a little more room for the family.

Anyway, that brings me, unfortunately, to the place where I think it's wise for me to sell the car. It has less that 100 miles on it (I had to drive it !). If I could afford to keep it under wraps and only take it out for a spin on a nice day, I would.

I'm not looking to make money on it, just to get what I have out of it. They upped the price and with Florida sales tax, I have $136,500 in it. I will sell it with clear title since I paid cash for it.

If anyone knows of someone who might be interested, please forward this information to them. It is garaged in Saint Petersburg, FL.

Inquiries can be sent to [email protected]

Thanks!

He said he's a "big guy", so I guess it would be useful to find out what that means to him.

I'm 6'2" 180 lbs, so tall and thin/fit, and I fit just fine. Fitting was a worry for me, and I was relieved. I found the Roadster quite comfortable.

I am 6'4" - and I fit in the Roadster okay... but getting in and out (and especially when the top is on) can be a humbling experience. Heaven forbid you have the top on and someone is parked next to you so you can't open the door wide. It is a reasonable complaint for rsanders.

Your body shape has something to do with fit as well.
If you have really long legs but short torso then you may find your legs don't fit to the pedals so well. On the other hand if you have short legs and a tall torso you can have head problems with the top. Some over 6' can be OK if they have "average proportions", but if you have extra long legs or extra long torso you could have issues with fit.

I should clarify

I fit just fine when I'm actually in the car. Roof on as well. But the getting in and out is a little bit comical and involves quite an effort when the top is on. I've perfected the slide in when the top is off. I'm 6'2" and nearly 280. It's a tough fit.

The Roadster is #287, VIN 5YJRE11BX81000287. I'll get some pictures today.

Photos of my Roadster for Sale

Here are the photos of my Sterling Silver Roadster for sale. Reply to [email protected]

Attachments

• IMG_0040.jpg
    IMG_0040.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_0041.jpg
    IMG_0041.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0043.jpg
    IMG_0043.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0045.jpg
    IMG_0045.jpg