Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still on 2022.12.3.2 (that's right, 2022!) What to expect updating my Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RayK

Apr 5, 2016
San Jose, CA
I've been running 2022.12.3.2 for just about 14 months now on my 2018 Model 3 LR RWD. I put off updating as I was planning to install the CCS retrofit (Gen4 charge port ECU and bundle of wires) and part of that process was to initiate an update after all of the hardware was in place. Long story short, I never have gotten around to ripping out the trunk liner and getting my hands dirty. In those 14 months there has been quite a number of changes in the software. From picking up on bits and pieces during that time, I think that these are some of the things that change if using 2023.12.10, which is currently cued up and waiting for me to install:
  • Better (?) FSD; I don't use it all that much except for long distance driving on roads that I've been on before. Wife does NOT like me using it when she's in the car :( .
  • Improved driving visualization. I guess that this comes along with FSD. Currently, most cars crossing in front of me at a stop light are not shown on my screen.
  • No geo-fencing of service mode
  • Lose ultrasonic sensors? I'm unclear on this. I don't use Summon or Autopark, but do like to know how far away things are from the car. My car obviously has the sensors but will Tesla ignore them with their newest software and choose to use vision instead?
  • UI improvements (?); I'm all for changeable text sizes but if things get moved around too much, I'd like to know first
  • Better control over wipers (speed adjustment from scroll wheel) but has the automatic wipers actually gotten better?
I initially was going to categorize these items as "pros" and "cons" but that's subjective on everyone's part. I guess what I'm looking for are pointers to major changes to the driving experience from when 2022.12.3.2 was released. Thanks!

Reactions: UncleCreepy
Interested in this as I'm still on this legacy version myself as a result of becoming completely fed up with Tesla after the V11 release. Not seriously considering upgrading (I don't like it when things break) and I don't want to lose my radar. Things are tolerable right now; Tesla breaking things every couple weeks is not, but would like to read the discussion nonetheless... .

Reactions: UncleCreepy
I'm still on 2022.20.8 and I refuse to "up"date to a version where Elon decides that I need auto high beams and auto wipers when using AP. I will also not sacrifice my radar or put up with an annoying message that my PWS speaker is disconnected. If a future update will let me decide how I drive the car I paid for I might reconsider. Right now I could imagine that a future upgrade will get rid of HVAC controls altogether because Elon knows best what temperature is right (not trying to start a rumor, I'm just frustrated that the updates are getting increasingly annoying).

Reactions: ionsphere