Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still waiting for 2017.28 c528869

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All,

I am currently on 17.26.76. I got this version within a week it was released. Since then, I have not received any update. I double checked my wifi connection. It is good.

I am wondering how many of you still waiting for 17.28.c....

Thanks

As is so often the case, the rollout seems to have slowed/stalled... I wonder if we are going to be getting a new, improved version real soon now?

When it starts tapering like that, I get a bad feeling.. :D

upload_2017-7-25_7-49-50.png

I must say, the latest 2017.28.c528869 is WONDERFUL!!! I have noticed it is SILKY too. Great turning, follows the road as well. You can make an appointment at a service center for them to start the update, then you finish it at home or wherever. 1-800-798-3752 TSLA ownership help line.

For anyone still waiting, try rebooting the big and small screens (from the steering wheel buttons) while on your Wi-Fi. I've had this trick enable a Wi-Fi download commencing right after a reboot a couple of times now. (As I monitor the Wi-Fi traffic now.)

It looks like the reboot makes it check for an update as part of that process (or resets a timer), a check that otherwise might be delayed or timed differently.

None of this helps, of course, if no update is slated for your car on Tesla's end, but it is still worth a try IMO.

Tesla customer service. Told them I need the update. It's strange because before, when I've called and asked for previous updates they said I have to go to service center. This time I urged the need and they uploaded it to my car manually. Not sure if they are allowed to do this or not. Very happy, can't wait to drive it

Tesla customer service. Told them I need the update. It's strange because before, when I've called and asked for previous updates they said I have to go to service center. This time I urged the need and they uploaded it to my car manually. Not sure if they are allowed to do this or not. Very happy, can't wait to drive it

I've always contacted the service center and they tell me to wait an i will get it pushed to me...

so you just called the corporate Customer Service line?

Yes, it was pretty easy, no special number or special representative. Called, pressed for autopilot and they called me back several times to follow up and whether I received the pushed update. So far I'm liking tesla customer service a lot.

As for the update... WOW. Smooth as Silk surely, but also extremely more attentive. My normal route I have glitches where I have to take over, not with this update. I just went from 80% of my commute on autopilot, to 90%+. Incredible

Just got the update this morning

Had some autopilot issues yesterday while on a road trip. Had to pull over and call Customer Service. Maybe they pushed me the update?

Was really happy with Tesla Customer Service, and now even more!

Man i just got off the phone from Tesla and it was like pulling teeth!

she said the latest update is 17.28.27!? she said it's supposed to improve lane changes. (I'm AP1.0).

she almost wouldn't even create a case for me because technically it hasn't failed on me, and she said it's being rolled out. I had to say: "yes, it hasn't failed but it's not necessarily safe the way it jerks me over into the next lane" before she would open a case to see if they would even send me the update...

Man i just got off the phone from Tesla and it was like pulling teeth!

she said the latest update is 17.28.27!? she said it's supposed to improve lane changes. (I'm AP1.0).

she almost wouldn't even create a case for me because technically it hasn't failed on me, and she said it's being rolled out. I had to say: "yes, it hasn't failed but it's not necessarily safe the way it jerks me over into the next lane" before she would open a case to see if they would even send me the update...
It may not be a priority for us AP1 owners. Right now ev-fw.com shows 351 AP2 cars have 17.28.c528869. Only 27 AP1 cars have gotten it.