Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stock 2020 Vette looks to have lower 0-60 time vs P3.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In all seriousness the C8 Corvette specs were disclosed around the same time I was about to order my P3D. I actually took a week off ordering to give it deep thought about ordering a C8 Corvette instead. In the end I choose the P3D as I suspected it would take me waiting another 1-2 years to get the Vette (first order sold out). Im still happy with my choice except wife is now hounding me to upgrade to the Model S once Plaid gets released, but thats another story.

Disclaimer: My P3D is not my only car (have another daily driver and sports car) and I just sold off an older Corvette to get it.

All this to say, I do believe the Model 3 performance is competing against the Corvette, even though they have different # of doors.

Elon, please up the P3D performance a couple of points, it's already starting to feel slow :)

In all seriousness the C8 Corvette specs were disclosed around the same time I was about to order my P3D. I actually took a week off ordering to give it deep thought about ordering a C8 Corvette instead. In the end I choose the P3D as I suspected it would take me waiting another 1-2 years to get the Vette (first order sold out). Im still happy with my choice except wife is now hounding me to upgrade to the Model S once Plaid gets released, but thats another story.

Disclaimer: My P3D is not my only car (have another daily driver and sports car) and I just sold off an older Corvette to get it.

All this to say, I do believe the Model 3 performance is competing against the Corvette, even though they have different # of doors.

Elon, please up the P3D performance a couple of points, it's already starting to feel slow :)

lol. I want 2.6 0-60. That’s all I ask!!!

My bro in law wants a corvette. Trying to talk him into a model 3 performance. Just wish it was a bit more distinguished from the rest of the model 3s.

If I had to choose one, I would take the P3 every time. However as a second car the Vette is a hell of a buy based on stats. I can’t wait to drive it.

I was in Vegas and SEMA is going on. They had a white one out front. Just beautiful.

If I had to choose one, I would take the P3 every time. However as a second car the Vette is a hell of a buy based on stats. I can’t wait to drive it.

I was in Vegas and SEMA is going on. They had a white one out front. Just beautiful.

Well I solved the problem by ordering my wife the X and next August (year 2) will order the C8 for me. My son has a 3 - dual motor.
If it was me getting a Tesla I think it would have to be the S - and the Plaid might be interesting.

My bro in law wants a corvette. Trying to talk him into a model 3 performance. Just wish it was a bit more distinguished from the rest of the model 3s.

cEbzz8C.jpg

;)

While the tires are part of the equation, trying to attribute the benefits of an actual sports car to any car that Tesla currently makes to only the tires is extremely silly. Teslas are surprisingly decent at handling, but compared to an actual handling focused vehicle, they pale in comparison in that area.

all sillyness aside,
once you describe the mechanicals,
the tires are the controlling factor.

in any measured performance event,
given reasonably similar mechanicals, hp/tq
the victors are the ones that keep/manage
tire variables, be it drag strip, indy, nascar, F1!

Maybe some day Tesla will make a Model 3 based sports car. Keep the P3 drivetrain and battery, and shrink and lighten everything else as much as possible for a two seat car. It should make it pretty competitive with the C8 Corvette on both performance and cost. Unfortunately, Tesla has its hands full with all its other planned vehicles, so I don't think we'll see this any time soon.

Reactions: RobRain
Both cars are amazing machines in their own rights. I've had a few Corvettes over the years and am very much looking forward to my Model 3, but there's absolutely nothing like the roar of a v8. Also, the Model 3 is a quick car, but the true judge of performance is at the track and I'm willing the Vette will come out on top there.

all sillyness aside,
once you describe the mechanicals,
the tires are the controlling factor.

in any measured performance event,
given reasonably similar mechanicals, hp/tq
the victors are the ones that keep/manage
tire variables, be it drag strip, indy, nascar, F1!

You're far, far oversimplifying *everything* that goes in to a performance car as "mechanicals". As I said, tires are important, but no tire in the world will make any current Tesla an amazing track car.

• Disagree
Reactions: Evoforce