Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stop auto-adjusting mirrors in Reverse

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When going in Reverse, does anyone know how to turn off the mirrors from auto-adjusting downwards?

Seems like it’s intermittent as it doesn’t always auto-adjust to the ground but when it does, it doesn’t auto-adjust back to normal level when going to D or P.

My “mirror auto-tilt” is already set to OFF but mirror still auto-tilt in reverse.

That’s odd. I just tested with my car and when I turned off auto tilt it no longer moved the mirrors when I put it in reverse. Maybe try to turn it on and then back off again?

Also, do you have more than one driver profile or the easy exit profile enabled? Some of the settings can be different in different profiles so maybe you have one profile with it turned off and another with it on. Although I don’t know for sure if that setting is profile specific.

I just tried turning ON and OFF mirror auto-tilt and no matter what, the Reverse forces my mirror to auto tilt. When I put in D, they stay tilted so have to click on my Profile and hit Restore to get the mirror to tilt back up. Not a big deal but just a nuisance.

I only have my Profile and Easy Entry but by putting in Reverse, it’s still in my Profile so seems there’s an issue. Just wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem.

You are welcome. Or the hip thing to say these days is "No problem".
This is just about the only thing that we have to remember to save in the profile, before we move to some other Drive or Reverse setting.
Maybe it will change later, but its a good idea to to save the profile (regarding mirrors) when in Drive and when in Reverse.