Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stop complaining and start promoting if you want Tesla to survive!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the recent price drops, we all feel like we got screwed. I paid 60K for AWD model 3 with just EAP. But I knew there will be an upcoming price drop with 35K model 3. I wanted all the premium features and so far I love the car.

But lets get real. Tesla needs cash infusion badly right now, thats why they are doing massive drops in these software packages. With all the sales satff going away, its gonna be word of mouth to get customers.

If you want Tesla to survive and your car to hold its value, start promoting to non-EV owners cause come Monday, the stock is gonna tank for sure

I have loved Tesla for years. This latest clusterF is a $h|tshow. They have to own these bone headed decisions. Maybe they should think about these decisions and potential ramifications for longer than 2 minutes before releasing them. And I am a Tesla fanboy.

Yea. Honestly I’ve been promoting Tesla to friends and family with every upsell like when the tax credit ran out, the MR was introduced, etc, but i don’t know how enthusiastic I’ll be in the future. I love our X and 3, but the way they have treated past customers just doesn’t sit well. Yes i know I agreed to pay for it and helped support the company, yes it’s the price of early adoption, but I can’t help but feel a bit used even if I tell myself that. A good portion of my brand loyalty has been lost, and it seems they are ok with that. Which is fine—they are becoming a mainstream company and maybe that’s how it is and they just have to do what they have to do. I’m definitely not preordering a Model Y and i won’t fall for these games again when it comes out.

Their pricing and cash grab is for a one quarter financial result, not for their long term viability. It is a short sighted action.

You do know Tesla had to pay almost a billion dollars in cash on Friday (About 1/4 of total cash on hand)? Say what you will but that has definitely stressed their finances. These actions are more likely because they *need* to bring in cash to cushion their balance sheet. You have no idea what their current finances are. Taking the quarterly cash on hand for instance is quite naive. That is a picture in time at a moment where the inventory left in channel is as optimized as possible. Now they are shipping a ton of cars oversees and that has likely tied up a considerable amount of their capital.

Let's take for example having 25k Model 3s transit. Let's assume an average capital cost of 40k. 25k * $40k = 1B in capital tied up.

You do know Tesla had to pay almost a billion dollars in cash on Friday (About 1/4 of total cash on hand)? Say what you will but that has definitely stressed their finances. These actions are more likely because they *need* to bring in cash to cushion their balance sheet. You have no idea what their current finances are. Taking the quarterly cash on hand for instance is quite naive. That is a picture in time at a moment where the inventory left in channel is as optimized as possible. Now they are shipping a ton of cars oversees and that has likely tied up a considerable amount of their capital.

Let's take for example having 25k Model 3s transit. Let's assume an average capital cost of 40k. 25k * $40k = 1B in capital tied up.

As Tesla is a public company, I do have an idea what their finances are. It's their decision to pay the billion dollars off using cash on hand just like it is their idea not to use cash to purchase Maxwell. Paying off the loan does not affect their i&e.

As they just started shipping Model 3s overseas, there is a delay of receiving income which is why they may have a loss in Q1 but that is exactly my point; they are focused on the financials for this quarter instead of their long term viability.

If tesla is cash strapped, they should do an equity raise. They are a 50 billion dollar company.

With the recent price drops, we all feel like we got screwed. I paid 60K for AWD model 3 with just EAP. But I knew there will be an upcoming price drop with 35K model 3. I wanted all the premium features and so far I love the car.

But lets get real. Tesla needs cash infusion badly right now, thats why they are doing massive drops in these software packages. With all the sales satff going away, its gonna be word of mouth to get customers.

If you want Tesla to survive and your car to hold its value, start promoting to non-EV owners cause come Monday, the stock is gonna tank for sure
that's a good point. They seem to have a demand problem now, if the Tesla enthusiast here isn't supporting them, who will?

That’s not my job.

Nah I'm back to not recommending buying tesla. It's a terrible choice and an emotional roller coaster, I really wish I would have just bought another cheap Gasser or chevy volt. I'm going to recommend people wait on moving to electric for another couple years, unless they just want a work commuter. Then cars like the bolt are likely a better choice, or maybe a base tesla with no frills. Don't spend any more than you have to and with tesla there's no benefit to buying now if you can wait longer. Buying a tesla is totally rolling the dice, you don't cannot possibly determine if your buying it at a good time or not so it's always a questionable purchase.

I wish I didn't feel that way but until they stabilize their pricing and options I it's hard to recommend them.

Last edited: