Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stormwatch Active

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I check my Tesla app this afternoon to see how the house was doing with the colder temps in central FL. To my surprise, Stormwatch was active on my system although the skies were sunny with mild clouds. I was surprised because I hadn't heard anything about any coming storms.

I checked the weather and the only reporting was it would get close to freezing tonight but no other severe weather.

Initial screen that got me curious
View media item 120885System behavior at 15:27
View media item 120886System behavior at 1800
View media item 120887
did anyone else in Central FL receive the Stormwatch today? Has anyone else experienced stormwatch when there was no "apparent" bad weather on the horizon?

Maybe they were anticipating higher than usual power use because of the cold weather and wanted to ensure the batteries had charge to get people through the cold snap.

Did your local power company say anything about the weather? I assume power company warnings are part of the trigger mechanism for Stormwatch.

Nope.

Stormwatch communicates with the NWS to know when severe weather is on the horizon and automatically triggers Storm Watch. This mode pushes the limits and charges Powerwall to maximum capacity so it can provide backup power.

Maybe the cold was the trigger.

Nope.

Stormwatch communicates with the NWS to know when severe weather is on the horizon and automatically triggers Storm Watch. This mode pushes the limits and charges Powerwall to maximum capacity so it can provide backup power.

Maybe the cold was the trigger.

The NWS did issue a cold weather warning for Florida a couple of days ago. The office in Miami even said something about Iguanas falling from trees. Not sure if they were kidding.

2020-01-17.png