Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Strange battery draining

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model Y LR, delivered on 6/21.

Battery was charged to 80% overnight. Today I drove 42.6 mils, used 10 kWh with 235 Wh/mi. However the battery percentage dropped from 80% to 60%. Is there a bug in calculation battery percentage? Otherwise, a 100% charge can only last 210 miles, or in other words, the battery pack in my Model Y LR is only 50 kWh? Unless my math is wrong.

Model Y LR, delivered on 6/21.

Battery was charged to 80% overnight. Today I drove 42.6 mils, used 10 kWh with 235 Wh/mi. However the battery percentage dropped from 80% to 60%. Is there a bug in calculation battery percentage? Otherwise, a 100% charge can only last 210 miles, or in other words, the battery pack in my Model Y LR is only 50 kWh? Unless my math is wrong.

First, calculate your battery capacity, using the information on the screen, by following the information in this thread:

You will find that your car does not have a "50kWh battery pack", I guarantee that.

Second, energy used for things other than driving are not captured in the cars Wh/Mi figure.

If you want to "deep dive" on this (I dont recommend it but some people love to), you can peruse this 165 page (not 165 posts, 165 pages of posts) thread on this same basic topic (of battery range, why dont I get my rated miles, etc) here: