Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Streaming audio via bluetooth, but not with a phone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The audio input choices show a radio, USB, streaming radio, and phone. (I think, don't have the pic in front of me, and will be getting my car next week). Is it possible to connect a non-phone bluetooth audio device? I've got several of those little Tao bluetooth transmit/receive bluetooth device that you can connect to older audio devices - will these work? Has anyone actually done this - any problems or testimonials?

I also have an Agptek bluetooth mp3 player - same question - will it connect?

I don't have a direct answer, but broadly Bluetooth works on a services methodology. A device advertises it has "XYZ" services available. I'm not 100% sure what the streaming audio service is, but if another device advertises the same services a phone does I don't see why it wouldn't work. I'm sure the UI will still say it's "phone", but that's sort of irrelevant to functionality.

Yes, you can add any Bluetooth audio device as a "phone." I wish they titled it "Bluetooth" instead of phone, but it works perfectly with several BT devices that weren't phones so far.

If you connect a non-phone Bluetooth, I am guessing you also can't connect your phone? So, no phone calls possible when connecting something else?