Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steam Deck Bluetooth audio to Model S connectivity?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have a Roadster 2.5 (test case) and a 2014 Model S 75D with upgraded MCU. We also have a Steam Deck.

In the Roadster we can successfully connect our Steam Deck to the (Alpine) audio system without issue. But in the Model S we cannot pair the devices. The Deck sees the car in Bluetooth discovery, but trying to pair results in the entry going away. We do not have any issue pairing phones.

So - has anyone successfully streamed audio (only) from a Steam Deck to their Model S audio system? If not, is there a hard constraint in there somewhere (like, does it have to be a literal phone to even pair with the S ?)

Thanks! - Ian

Why would you want to do this? The Bluetooth latency is terrible without advanced codecs like AptX LL, which neither car has.
I play BoltGun in the Roadster all the time and don't detect any latency, honestly, it's awesome. I think the subwoofer is right behind my head though, so maybe the shaking is compromising my judgement. I love finding new uses for old toys. :D

• Funny
Reactions: WilliamG
Just tried this on 90D/2016refresh and I experienced the same issue .. SteamDeck sees the car and when connecting it disappears in the device list. If coupling through MCU it doesn’t show any devices grr
Thanks for testing! We have some long drives coming up where one of my kids wants to play and get the good sound. I might try a 3.5mm-to-bluetooth adapter (to transmit from SteamDeck using a different bluetooth standard/protocol?)