Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Street and Track Performance Pad options for Base and Performance Upgrade Brakes Now Available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Too bad they're so unattractive, or I'd probably be interested.

I know what you mean, the hat is very square. However if you analyze their design, the function of the central mount dictates a square hat to provide the maximum amount of space for air to enter the center of the rotor from both inside and outside. In this case, the form truly follows the function, I appreciate the honesty of this design, in particularly on one of the most critical safety feature on the car. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: SammichLover
More information on the RB 2-piece rotor replacement for P3, It will be 1mm thicker and with the patented convergent vane and center mount design to improve cooling. The CAD simulated weight is 13.5lb, stock P3 rotor weight is 14.18lb, so the projected saving is 0.68lbs per rear side. CAD rendering is missing the open slot.
I'm looking forward to having these complimenting the front RB system on my P3. FYI, standard 3 replacement rotor is already available.

View attachment 401015
Thanks for catching this. We will have it updated today.

On second thought. RB rotors looks pretty damn good in these photos. Super airy with the central mount design.

3855ACF4-5222-446E-8E9E-361016B5F566.jpeg DAFDDF74-28B6-4BFA-BC77-E95F1E27068A.jpeg