Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stuck at Firmware 2023.7.20

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2023.7.20 has the most recently generally released version of the FSD beta stack (11.4.4). 2023.20.9 only has the older FSD 11.3.6. So you are still on 2023.7.20 so that your car is on the more recent FSD beta stack. You can see the releases and the associated FSD stack versions here:
Vehicle Software Updates | Teslascope
Thanks for that info! It's getting so complicated knowing if my car has the latest update or not due to all the variations. Looking at the STATS app, there seems to be way more people with FSD, getting 2023.20.9 but unfortunately it doesn't show what FSD version those vehicles have.

At one point the two significant updates were 2023.7.20 and 2023.20.7. A dyslexic's nightmare when reading forums.

I'm avoiding 2023.7.20 (my system shows it available to download) so am at 7.10. I won't update until I get the wonderful UI features that the other update stream are enjoying.

Thanks for that info! It's getting so complicated knowing if my car has the latest update or not due to all the variations. Looking at the STATS app, there seems to be way more people with FSD, getting 2023.20.9 but unfortunately it doesn't show what FSD version those vehicles have.
There are WAY WAY more cars with FSD at 2023.7.X than any other version. It's confusing because all new releases have FSD 11.3.6 in them and they go to everyone, whether they have FSD or not, but most new cars cannot use FSD in those versions as HW4 only works with 11.4.X. 11.4.X has like 95+% of all Beta testers.

There are WAY WAY more cars with FSD at 2023.7.X than any other version. I

Source for that statement?

When I go to Teslafi's software tracker, and set it to all models, whether FSD or not, I see that of the >19K vehicles they are tracking, over 65% are 2023.20.x or greater, only 27% are on 2023.7.x. Which makes sense since I'd expect way more cars to be sold without the $15K worth of vapourware, than with.

Source for that statement?

When I go to Teslafi's software tracker, and set it to all models, whether FSD or not, I see that of the >19K vehicles they are tracking, over 65% are 2023.20.x or greater, only 27% are on 2023.7.x. Which makes sense since I'd expect way more cars to be sold without the $15K worth of vapourware, than with.
Because the 200-400k Beta Testers (the range is from what some people here believe vs the NHTSA/Tesla numbers) were all in the 11.4.X track. They still are since there is no current way to get out unless you are a subscriber and unsubscribe. Teslafi is just a tiny % of Tesla owners that report their car to the site.

The only cars getting 11.3.6 were HW3 cars purchased during the recall, subscribers, or used cars. The rest on those 11.3.6 builds do not have FSD.

Because the 200-400k Beta Testers (the range is from what some people here believe vs the NHTSA/Tesla numbers) were all in the 11.4.X track. They still are since there is no current way to get out unless you are a subscriber and unsubscribe. Teslafi is just a tiny % of Tesla owners that report their car to the site.

The only cars getting 11.3.6 were HW3 cars purchased during the recall, subscribers, or used cars. The rest on those 11.3.6 builds do not have FSD.

Out of 1.9 million Teslas sold in the US (according to link below), 200 - 400,000 are FSDbeta testers. So the rest must have upgraded past 2023.7.x. Sure, not all those cars are still on the road, but that also doesn't take into account all the cars sold elsewhere in the world. The Teslafi stats show a much higher percentage of FSD track vehicles than this rough back of the envelop probably because people who care enough about the tech of their car and the data it can generate to subscribe to the service are likely to also be people who bought FSD originally.