Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stuck on "TBD"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Robin Chris

MYP - 22/06/29 - White/Black - FSD - 21´-Tow hitch
Sep 16, 2022
Sweden
Ssuper strange, just got an update on both ordered cars late today Friday 21 October. Used to say "October26-December20" then changed to "October-December" and now this "TBD: Delivery timing will be available soon". Anyone got this before that can shed some light on what's going on?

Ssuper strange, just got an update on both ordered cars late today Friday 21 October. Used to say "October26-December20" then changed to "October-December" and now this "TBD: Delivery timing will be available soon". Anyone got this before that can shed some light on what's going on?

You probably should be participating in the specific subforum for people in your area, as nothing you are reading about US deliveries is applicable to someone in Sweden"

You probably should be participating in the specific subforum for people in your area, as nothing you are reading about US deliveries is applicable to someone in Sweden"

well i asked a question about this specific message. Surely someone in the us would have gotten this aswell. Also the subforum you linked me is basically dead xD, Nordic people are usually just patient and doesn't really care about waiting, probably why that suboforum is so quiet

Reactions: KeylynsParadox
well i asked a question about this specific message. Surely someone in the us would have gotten this aswell. Also the subforum you linked me is basically dead xD, Nordic people are usually just patient and doesn't really care about waiting, probably why that suboforum is so quiet

From what I can see, everyone gets all sorts of messages from tesla regarding delivery, and none of them mean anything at all before you get a vin. In the model 3 subforum, all delivery discussion is by car model, so we only have 3 threads (SR/RWD, LR, P), so the discussion moves very fast, but is also very active.

The one thing I could say definitively is, delivery dates dont really matter, and information tesla gives you before getting a vin is all over the place, with very little of it meaning much of anything. It certainly doesnt stop people from talking about it of course. I have no idea how it may or may not be different for cars that have to be shipped, and I am not sure whether cars for your country are coming from US factories, the China Factory, or the German one. No cars for US delivery are coming from any factory outside the US, while internationally, they are as far as I know.

The same happened to me. Delivery window was first a three weeks window in Nov. Switched to Dec-Feb. Now TBD.
As mentioned before, you cannot count on the dates as long as you don't have a VIN assigned.